Our client based in Johannesburg is a global, technology-driven supplier and manufacturer of high-quality products and services to the mining, mineral beneficiation and power generation industries. They have a 3-month fixed-term contract position available for a Draughtsman with an N4 Draughting qualification (or similar) and 3 years technical experience in a similar industry, proficient with Autodesk Inventor.
Type: 3-month fixed-term contract
Primary purpose: To create models, arrangements and drawings, according to Company standards, using the Autodesk Inventor software.
Reports to: Drawing Office Manager.
Job description / core competencies:
- Detailed design drawings and specifications are developed CAD equipment.
- Proposal and costing drawings have no errors and parametrics are used for automations.
- Uniform standards are set for design and drawings and are managed accordingly.
- Mathematical formulae are computed to develop and design detailed specifications.
- Designs are modified and revised to correct operating deficiencies or to reduce production problems.
- Specifications, sketches, drawings, ideas and related data are reviewed and analysed to assess factors affecting component designs and the procedures and instructions to be followed.
- Bill of Materials is produced for each design and drawing Register database is maintained according to company requirements.
- Engineering standards are documented, controlled and used in such a way that activities are executed professionally.
- Administrative systems are set up, maintained and improved for the relevant production divisions activities.
- PDA is loaded and works order is created in JDE and updated as required (in areas where this is applicable).
- Procedures, design specifications, ISO standards, quality and safety standards are adhered to and integrated into design.
- Consultation with colleagues/customers to design, layout or detail components and systems to resolve design or other problems.
- Customer representatives are conferred with to review schematics and answer questions pertaining to installation of systems.
Country: South Africa
Location: Kempton Park
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12: Maths and Science.
- N4 draughting or similar.
- Recognised training in Autodesk Inventor software.
- Minimum 3 years applicable technical experience in the relevant industry.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Valid drivers license is required and a willingness to travel outside SA borders if required.
- Good planning and organising skills, communication skills, attention to detail, innovative, quality orientated and customer focus.
A global, technology-driven supplier of high-quality products and services to the mining, mineral beneficiation and power generation industries, which caters for diverse requirements of most mineral beneficiation needs, with emphasis on maintaining close customer relationships and partnerships to ensure optimum solutions. Based in Johannesburg, with branches nationwide as well as further afield in Africa and Internationally, the Group has several comprehensively-equipped manufacturing facilities which produce specific product lines.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.