A manufacturer and distributor of products in agricultural chemicals is looking for a Dispatch Team Leader to be responsible for Monitoring stock levels, co-ordination of stock takes on site and responsible for balancing physical stock with stock stated, etc.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant diploma with 3 years’ experience in a similar position. Previous experience in stock management systems, e.g. Syspro or SAP R3 is required. Able to drive a forklift and be in possession of a valid forklift license. Must possess knowledge of all Acts, i.e. hazardous chemicals, road transportation, etc. Must be able to work independently and be able to report to an Operations Director at a remote site. Must possess good analytical, communication, industrial relations and organizational skills.
Job description / core competencies:
- Monitor stock levels of all finished products.
- Co-ordination of stock takes on site. Responsible for balancing physical stock with stock stated on .Net.
- Dispatch and receipt of goods.
- Ensure compliance with the Road Transport Act and legislation pertaining to the transport of dangerous chemicals.
- Supervise all staff under the incumbent’s responsibility.
- Process transfers for internal and external orders.
- Maintain a system for proper control of goods transferred from Lilianton and Exports warehouse.
- Monitor return of documentation once deliveries complete.
- Provide feedback on stock availability.
- Accept or reject stock receipts based on criteria.
- Recommend extra resourcing (e.g. labour and overtime).
- Priority in organizing of truck loading.
Location (country, city): Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
Qualifications / Experience:
- Grade 12 or NQF equivalent.
- Relevant diploma would be advantageous.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar position.
- Must possess good analytical, communication, industrial relations and organizational skills.
- Computer knowledge of MS Office, .NET and Syspro is a prerequisite.
- Must possess knowledge of all Acts, i.e. hazardous chemicals, road transportation, etc.
- Preferably be able to drive a forklift and be in possession of a valid forklift license.
- Must be able to work independently and be able to report to an Operations Director at a remote site.
- Previous experience in stock management systems, e.g. Syspro or SAP R3 is required.
- Attention to detail.
- Planning and organizing.
- Problem solving.
- Work standards.
- Safety awareness.
- Accuracy level.
- Good communication skills.
A agricultural chemicals manufacturer and distributor.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Dispatch Team Leader, Gauteng – Ref: 1152029-1
Dispatch Team Leader
To view our other job listings, click here