Are you passionate about Inclusive Education? Do you want to improve the quality of life of learners and educators in the education system? Do you want to provide learners with opportunities and skills to enter the job market and become productive citizens irrespective of their barriers to learning? We are sourcing a Director of Inclusive Education to maintain and facilitate the implementation of inclusive directives related to funding and finances, budget management and financial reporting of all Special Schools, Full Service Schools and Schools of Skills.
Job description / core competencies:
- To develop, maintain and facilitate the implementation of inclusive directives related to funding and finances, budget management and financial reporting of all Special Schools, Full Service Schools and Schools of Skills.
- To develop, maintain and implement Inclusive Education Policy directives across all spheres in the departments.
- To respond to all-inclusive education matters with relevant stakeholders, public concern raised as well as inter and intra-directorate concerns.
- To improve the quality of life of learners and educators in the education system.
- Promotion of an Inclusive Education Systems dealing with the diverse barriers that learners experience.
- Coordinate, develop and facilitate appropriate intervention strategies to address all forms of barriers to ensure access to quality teaching and learning.
- To provide learners with opportunities and skills to enter the job market and become productive citizens of societies irrespective of their barriers to learning.
- To facilitate social cohesion and stakeholder involvement to ensure learner accessibility, retention and improve learner performance.
- To monitor, evaluate and report on the performance of Inclusive Education directives and programmes.
- To achieve departmental operational objectives as it relates to addressing barriers to learning.
Country: South African
Location: Eastern Cape
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Post graduate degree in a relevant field of specialised intervention support in the areas of therapeutic and psychological services.
- Registered with the Health Profession Council of South Africa (HPCSA or SACE) within the area of specialization.
- Minimum 5 years proven middle-management, relevant experience in the field of specialization and knowledge of Inclusive Education System and related policies.
- Knowledge and experience of the PFMA, conditional grants and financial Mmnagement and development of business plans will be an added advantage.
- Valid driver’s licence, MS Word, PowerPoint skills are essential.
- Project management and ability to manage programmes and people on a larger scale.
- Proven experience of intersectoral collaboration / governmental partnership.
- Proven leadership experience and ability to work to work under pressure.
Government department in the Eastern Cape.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Director of Inclusive Education – Eastern Cape – Ref: 1024404-2
Director of Inclusive Education
To view our other job listings, click here