A large automotive manufacturing company based in the Eastern Cape is seeking to employ 3 Buyers to negotiate and coordinate local and direct supplier component contracts for existing RT parts or price adjustment considering quality, service, technology and price, to support production requirement for components.
The ideal candidates will have minimum 5 years’ automotive industry and 3 years purchasing experience and a commercial tertiary degree or diploma (BCOM, Purchasing Diploma, BEng).
The role is to support a temporary increase in workload arising from the plan to introduce the next generation model of the commercial vehicle whilst continuing to maintain the existing workflow from current model production.
Job description / core competencies:
- Purchasing activities on current program
- Negotiate and mitigate supplier commercial threats
- Negotiate and coordinate development of local components
- Ac hoc activities as relating to current program
- Commodity key stakeholder’s meetings with all applicable stakeholders to kick off sourcing activities for ECS changes or model year introductions
- Develop component level sourcing activities
- Issue request for quotations to suppliers on bid list
- Detailed quote analysis considering and challenging all variables
- Contract parts and vendor tooling with supplementary agreements as required
- Manage sourcing timeline to key program milestones
- Update PS Module Networks to latest status for management tracking
- Raise work orders and project appropriation requests to obtain funding to support component development
Location (country, city): Eastern Cape, Port Elizabeth
Job Qualification & Experience:
Minimum 5 years’ automotive industry and 3 years purchasing experience
Minimum 3 years’ commercial tertiary degree or diploma (BCOM, Purchasing Diploma, BEng)
- Component specific and vehicle system technical knowledge and expertise
- Commodity experience focused on component input costs
- Component supplier’s capability and process knowledge
- Familiarity with internal purchasing processes
- Strong written communication skills
- Computer literacy (MS Office, SAP, Sharepoint)
A large automotive manufacturing company.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Direct Buyers x 3, Automotive – Port Elizabeth – Ref: 1151065-1
To view our other job listings, click here.