The Digitalization Manager will be responsible for designing production workflows and developing process and implementation strategies.
Ideal candidate: Degree/Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering; Electrical experience in Underground Mines; Minimum 5 years with related product experience; Python programming language, Linux specifically CentOS, Microsoft Power BI; Knowledge of engineering codes of practices and procedures within Coal and Hard rock operations in SA; Experience with RF equipment specifically Leaky Feeder and EoC Networking Equipment
Valid driver’s license and own transport
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Primary purpose: The Digitalization Manager also serves as a subject matter expert and operations point of contact for customers of the Digitalization Project. Drives growth targets with Sales Team by identifying opportunities at customer sites, taking responsibility to deliver complete POC and training customer key staff on site.
Job description / core competencies:
- Managing digitization team to achieve goals and customer satisfaction.
- Assist in interviewing new employees
- Manage performance of direct operations staff.
- Disciplining employees to agreed policies and procedures
- Drive his staff development.
- Weekly report on tasks performed in that week
- Attend all client meetings as requested and/or scheduled
- Provide meaningful reporting to Senior Management in a timely and effective manner
- Planning and directing project activities and setting production project priorities in line with efficient operations and cost factors.
- Inspect project progression and monitors to verify compliance with specifications.
- Develops budgets and cost controls to improve project cost efficiency.
- Act as the point of contact and handle customers individual needs
- Resolve conflicts and provide solutions to customers in a timely manner
Location (country, city): Gauteng/Mpumalanga
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Degree/Diploma in Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Electrical experience in Underground Mines
- Minimum 5 years with related product experience
- Valid Driver’s License and own transport
- Good Working Knowledge on Python programming language, Linux specifically CentOS, Microsoft Power BI
- Knowledge of engineering codes of practices and procedures within Coal and Hard rock operations in SA
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills (Both written and verbal)
- Good understanding of computer systems, mobile devices, and Networking (Specifically IEEE802.11 family of Standards)
- Experience with RF equipment specifically Leaky Feeder and EoC Networking Equipment
- Project management Skills
- Excellent problem-solving and communication skills
- Excellent oral, cross functional and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Ability to work under pressure and interact with clients at various on a management level
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Digitalization Manager, Electrical experience in Underground Mines – Gauteng/Mpumalanga – Ref: 1188372-3
To view our other job listings, click here