Our client based in Wadeville is a leading stainless steel manufacturing group specialising in the manufacture of client specified equipment and branded goods.
They are looking to employ a Diesel Plant Fitter/Mechanic; a positive, committed, hardworking, self-motivated person with high skill, irreproachable integrity and honesty and with the right attitude and willingness to fit into their workshop team.
As Diesel Plant Fitter/ Mechanic of the company workshop team, you would have the responsibility to:
- Satisfy customers and stakeholders.
- Protect all vehicles, plant and machine equipment from fire, theft and degradation.
- Work in accordance with Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) act.
- Work in accordance with the request of the Quality Management Systems.
- Show minded team spirt and co-operation with the workshop team.
Your duties would include but not be limited to the following:
- Overall repairs, maintenance and servicing of all vehicles and machinery.
- Being Proficient in the operation of all vehicles and machinery.
- Train the operators in effective operations, service and checks of the vehicles and machinery.
- Inspecting maintain and service vehicles based on a planned maintenance schedule.
- Keeping the necessary inventory/spares/parts required to effectively maintain the vehicles.
- Keep accurate records on maintenance and services undertaken.
- Uphold vehicles and machinery appearance by cleaning, washing and painting.
- Minimise costs by evaluating service and parts price and availability.
- Control the issuing and consumption of fuel, lubricants and recording thereof.
- Keep all workshop equipment and tools in a safe, operable manner and safe from loss or theft.
Travel requirements: Geographical area:
- Gauteng and surrounding provinces
- Occasionally outside the Republic of South Africa
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
Qualification and experiential requirements:
- Time served Diesel Plant fitter/ Mechanic.
- Experience in operations and maintenance of Tractors, hydraulics and farm implements.
- Mature and practical.
- Good with manpower supervision.
- Good with paperwork / administration, with computer skills an added advantage.
A leading stainless steel manufacturing group specialising in the manufacture of client specified equipment and branded goods.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR
Diesel Plant Fitter/ Mechanic, Wadeville – Ref: 1114432
Diesel Plant Fitter/ Mechanic
To view our other job listings, click here