If you can speak French Fluently and have 8 years’ experience in the Data Center / NOC field combined with a relevant degree and ready for this exciting project, this might just be the right job for you. Join this leading specialist in their industry and help take this Project in Telecoms to new heights.
Type: Contract (duration of contract: 12 months (8 months for construction and 4 months thereafter for support))
Key external relationships: Providing support to the head office based in Hong Kong.
Primary purpose: The successful candidate will be responsible for the Consultancy Project for Data Center Operation/ NOC and Training.
Job description / core competencies:
The successful candidate will be responsible for assisting on commission, operation and management of Data Center and Network Operations Centres including:
For Data Centre Expert:
- To plan resources and lead a team to maintain operation of Data Center in high service level.
- To carry out emergency support duties and emergency service restoration work.
- To implement effective operation management on Data Center facilities (UPS, CRAC, Fire Fighting System, Switch board, etc.)
- To manage Data Center at the highest security level physically and logically.
- To communicate with customers or vendors on any service provisioning and service restoration tasks.
- To maintain the working instruction and procedure according to ISO20000 (ITSM) & 27001 (ISMS) standard.
For NOC Expert:
- To maintain the quality of service and to ensure the shortest recovery time in case of network problems by providing technical support/advice on proper handling procedure to maintenance parties on a round-the-clock basis.
- To improve the quality of service and maintenance productivity by enhancing operations and maintenance procedures and by proposing the requirement and specification of new maintenance tools catering for the introduction of new equipment and new services.
- To ensure that the Transmission & IPVPN network equipment performance is satisfactory by monitoring the performance data and fault statistics, investigating problems and taking appropriate action to minimize interruptions to service.
- To improve staff productivity by arranging training on new system functions/facilities and to conduct in-house training seminars.
- To identify resource requirements and coordinate adequate resources for day-to-day operation and management.
- To carry out study, planning and implementation of network management systems and special projects in association with the improvement of operation and maintenance effectiveness and efficiency as well as the introduction of new services and network changes.
Ivory Coast local: Cameroon or Senegal. Etc. – Rotation 6 months in, 2 weeks out.
Western expat (English/French): Accommodation/flights/rotation, etc. Rotation 3 months in, 2 weeks out.
Location (country, city): Ivory Coast
Job Qualification & Experience:
Degree Holder in Information Technology, Computer Science, Telecommunication Engineering, Facility Management or equivalent with 8 years’ experiences or experience in Data Center / NOC field.
Sound and in-depth operation knowledge on Data Center / NOC facilities, Network and Server equipment.
Knowledge on ISO20000, ISO27001 or equivalent.
Data Center or network related certifications, CDCP, CCNA, ITIL or equivalent.
Good communication in both English & French.
Good leadership and interpersonal skills.
Require to support in 7 x 24.
They are a specialist engineering and contracting service provider in the energy, communications and infrastructure sectors operating across Africa.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.