Our client currently has an opportunity for a Credit Controller who will provide credit management assistance to the Credit Control Manager (CCM) in ensuring the implementation, and monitoring, of adherence to company credit policies and procedures, the efficient credit management of the customer base and the efficient and timeous collection of debt due.
KPA’s as follows:
- Proper reference checking of new customer credit applications and where appropriate current customers e.g. defaulting customers and reinstatement of defaulting customers;
- Efficient & timeous collection of monies due to the company;
- Nominated customer account management;
- Nominated customers order referral / on hold management;
- Efficient administrative support services to the CCM.
- For all new customer credit applications, conduct reference checks and record the full details of the referencing checking in a schedule to be attached to the risk vetting documents and credit application;
- Conduct reference checks on current customers as requested by the CCM and record the full details of the reference checking on a schedule for filing in the customers file;
- Forward the vetting assessment to CCM for authorisation.
- Hands-on collections of monies owed to company by local customers;
- Timeous processing and allocation of monies collected to the correct customer accounts in Oracle;
- Processing of miscellaneous and other sundry invoices such as a sale of company property;
- Hands-on problem and query resolution in order to maximize collections, minimize overdue balances, bad debt and other write-offs and Days Sales Outstanding.
Customer Account Maintenance
Open new customer accounts and ensure that all the required information is received and correctly entered into the customer master file in Oracle. Of particular importance is that all statutory information is correctly entered.
Ongoing maintenance of existing nominated customer account information.
Ensure at all times that the information is current, accurate and complete.
Customer Order Referral / On Hold Management
- Ensure that nominated customer accounts are maintained in such a manner that orders placed by high risk customers with past dues are referred / placed on hold for review;
- Advise CCM or Finance Director (FD) of account status under these circumstances.
Credit Policies & Procedures
- Monitor that the company’s credit policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to and advise the CCM or FD of significant transgressions thereof.
Provide the CCM with the following administrative support services detailed below. These services need to be rendered in an efficient and timeous manner:
- Electronic retention of credit applications and respective vetting documents;
- Customer query resolution;
- Providing copy invoices/credit notes/statements to customers;
- Maintain the bond register up to date;
- Processing of miscellaneous invoices, e.g. freight charge ups, sale of equipment;
- Provide assistance to the Finance and other divisions as and when requested.
Location: East Rand
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A National 3-year Certificate in Credit Management practices or equivalent;
- At least 3 years’ experience as a Credit Controller in a manufacturing or similar environment;
- Excellent computer skills including integrated systems (preferably Oracle) and Microsoft Office experience (particularly strong Excel skills);
- An excellent customer service ethic, both internally and externally, that ensures customer needs, queries and disputes are resolved efficiently, timeously and professionally;
- Good communication skills particularly oral;
- Attention to detail;
- Excellent telephony etiquette.
Our client has a proven reputation for performance, quality, innovation, safety and integrity. They are at the forefront of technological advancement through ongoing research and development and continuous interaction with international research institutions.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.