Our client, professionals in the banking industry providing possibilities for talented people to enjoy career paths filled with success and personal growth, has an opportunity for a Credit Analyst – Underwriting to participate in process improvement projects and to support other management directives as prescribed.
The ideal candidate will have a B.Com / BSc Degree with 3 years’ experience in data management or analytics.
Job description / core competencies:
- Monitor credit limit exposures.
- Perform due diligence necessary to set credit limits for new and existing customers.
- Work with the Credit Manager in setting credit limits applicable to authority and elevate as necessary.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- 3 years’ experience in data management or analytics
- Understanding and knowledge of
- SSIS, SSRS
- Bi Tools
- Analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- MS Office skills
- Process management
- Report writing skills
- Presentation skills
- Statistical methods
- Liaison skills
- Project management skills
- Mentoring skills
- Coaching skills
- Excellent written skills and documentation abilities
- Presentation skills (MS PowerPoint essential)
- Self-motivated and a person who takes initiative without requiring constant instruction and guidance
- Ability to see opportunities for improvement, and the commitment to follow these through
- Ability to present and deliver the business ramifications to management and distil the impacts of analyses beyond the technical detail
- Negotiation ability – skills in communicating and interacting successfully in a matrix across departments and vertical boundaries
- Deadline driven
- Providing motivation and professional guidance within the team in terms of following best data practices and principles to ensure data quality, integrity, and superior design and implementation
- A working knowledge (intermediate) of base SAS
- Competent and fluent usage of the MS Office suite of products
- Results orientated
- Team player
- Stress tolerance
- High performer
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Credit Analyst – Underwriting, Midrand – Ref: 1040869-2
To view our other job listings, click here.