Our client is a privately owned & managed company, established 17 years ago, specialising in the supply of filtration & separation equipment. Proprietary technology offered includes thickeners, clarifiers, multi-media filters and ion exchange. Partnered technologies include flotation, vacuum and pressure filtration. They are currently sourcing a Contracts Project Engineer to carry out all necessary order/contract functions within budget, on time and in conjunction with Contracts Head of Department and company procedures.
Reports to: Contracts Head of Department.
Primary purpose: To carry out all necessary order/contract functions within budget, on time and in conjunction with the Contracts Head of Department and the company procedures.
Job description / core competencies:
- Managing of orders/contracts including planning, monitoring and controlling all aspects of the contract.
- Evaluating Customer & legal requirements and administering of contract files.
- Identify and document activities and undertake necessary steps to meet the order/contract objectives.
- Read specifications and ensure design is carried out accordingly.
- Ensure equipment/plant general arrangement, manufacturing drawings, material lists and data bases are issued in accordance with the Technical Specification and contract program.
- Identify and order necessary material and equipment.
- Discuss QCP related issues with the Customer.
- Control all commercial aspects of orders/contracts including variations, invoicing, and the control of suppliers/sub-contractors.
- Assure compliance with all QMS related issues.
- Liaise during manufacturing/construction processes with Customer & Subcontractors.
- Check/discuss modifications to mechanical drawings for as-built documentation.
- Arrange the testing/inspections with Customers and compile all necessary QMS documentation after acceptance by Customer, including closing of contract.
- Complete equipment checks lists, punch lists, completion certificates and commissioning of the companies’ equipment/plant at Customer’s sites.
- Coordinate and plan commissioning functions with site representatives and process technicians.
Location (country, city): East-Rand
Job Qualification & Experience:
5-7 years minimum.
Must come from projects on the equipment side (not the design side), mineral processing or water treatment or liquid solid separation.
Must fit a small team who work hard and can work under pressure.
Preference for candidates with any formal management qualifications.
Privately owned & managed company, established 17 years ago, specialising in the supply of filtration & separation equipment. Proprietary technology offered includes thickeners, clarifiers, multi-media filters and ion exchange. Partnered technologies include flotation, vacuum and pressure filtration.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Contracts Project Engineer, East-Rand – Ref: 1026839-87
Contracts Project Engineer
After that To view our other job listings, click here.