Seeking a Container Gantry Crane Operator with a valid crane driving license, at least 2 years Container Gantry Crane experience and preferably 1-2 years logistics and warehouse experience. Good English skills, ability to understand basic computer equipment e.g. Scanners and excellent hand/eye co-ordination.
Company provides single-status relocation cost, company accommodation, transport to work and back, medical insurance, 3 meals per day, relaxation facilities, laundry, 30 days leave per year, one flight ticket per year, tax free. Additional 25% housing allowance and 10% transport allowance may be offered.
Type: Contract (duration of contract: 5 years).
Key internal relationships: Project Manager, Operations Supervisor, HSE Engineer, Maintenance Technician.
Primary purpose: To operate Container Gantry Cranes efficiently and safely under all operating conditions and on all vehicles visiting the terminal.
- Operate the gantry crane properly and efficiently.
- Work with the utmost care concerning the safety of others and cargo.
- Understand all procedures concerning of the loading and discharging processes on all types of container vessels, how to behave when typical problems appear and how to maintain the gantry crane.
- Operations of a container terminal.
- Handling general cargo with a gantry crane.
- Handling out of gauge (over-height, over-width, over-length) cargo.
- Preventing damages; reporting damages.
- Technology of container quayside gantry cranes.
- Lifting and slinging equipment.
- Work procedures under the crane and tasks of all parties engaged in waterside container handling.
- Characteristics and methodology of stowage plans and other cargo documents.
- Working procedures of the terminal.
- Function of container control in the transport chain.
- Basics about the implemented edp programmes.
- Checking containers for damages and required reporting procedures.
- Start-up and shut-down procedures; care during operations.
- Operating the container gantry crane.
- Lowering and raising the boom from different control positions.
- Traversing the crane and accurate positioning; care for ship and shore structures.
- Operating the trolley.
- Picking up and setting down containers.
- Correct judgement of distance between bottom of container and ground/vehicle.
Country: Saudi Arabia
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Container Gantry Crane driving license.
- Good English skills (ability to read, write and speak).
- Ability to understand basic computer equipment e.g. Scanners.
- High School
- 1-2 years logistics and warehouse experience preferred.
- At least 2 years Container Gantry Crane experience required.
- Excellent hand/eye co-ordination.
Subsidiary of a European goods handling specialist, offering a cost-effective and comprehensive package including optimized processes from design and construction to ongoing supply chain management, operations and transport.
In addition to vast consulting services for the local chemical industry they directly provide substantial know-how in the construction of logistics centres and the design of outsourcing contracts. Transport services for bulk goods including decanting from maritime containers into bulk goods equipment are being realized and they manage both overseas long haul and short sea transport to end-user locations.
Boasting a newly-built, multi-customer terminal with multiple storage silos, a container tipping platform and larger warehouse space.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Container Gantry Crane Operator (5-year Contract), Saudi Arabia – Ref: 1098832-11
Container Gantry Crane Operator
To view our other job listings, click here