The company needs an experienced Construction Project Manager with a well-rounded understanding of wastewater design-build type projects and an excellent working knowledge of the FIDIC suite of contracts.
Ideal candidate: Bachelor of Science in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree/diploma. Project Management Professional course or certification. (PMP or CAPM). Min 10 years’ experience in large-scale EPC infrastructure projects as a project manager. Proficient in Microsoft Projects, Word, Excel, Buildsmart/Candy, and other relevant software platforms.
Type: 6-Month Contract
Job description / core competencies:
- Managing the project from current status to close-out throughout all the process groups & knowledge areas required to satisfy the contract’s specifications.
- Finalising scope requirements to complete the project
- Project execution plan
- Project budget & associated cost
- Project program
- Staffing the project
- Quality management
- Safety management
- Stakeholder & communication management
- Risk management
- Procurement & contracting management
- Site & sub-contractor management & other site related activities
- Development & delivery of key reports, both internal & external
- Commissioning management
- Taking over of works management
- Project close-out
Outcomes of responsibilities as examples:
- Responsible for the Projects Account, Compiling of Application for Payment for the Main Works, Variation Order Applications for Payment, Claims Application for Payment,
- Commercial Management, commercial issues related to Claims under Extension of Time, Labour relation agreements, Force Majeure, etc.
- Commercial Management of contractual requirements
- Project Control Manager, managing the Controls of Cost, Resources, Procurement, Quality, planning of overall activities
- Progress report and risk report
- Submit and attend Health and safety monthly report meetings
- Submit and attend quality report meetings
- Respond to Engineer/Employer’s agent communication
- Submissions of notifications and queries
- Motivation and Submissions of Contract Claims /additional work
- Submit request for quote
- Submit request for information
- Attend commercial meetings with the Engineer/Employer’s agent
- Attend daily progress meetings
- Attend weekly progress meetings
- Attend monthly progress meetings
- Participate in value engineering sessions as necessary to reduce cost.
- Submitting monthly claims and invoicing
- Prepare monthly cost reports
- Prepare and issue cash flow projections to the Engineer as well as internally
- Prepare monthly procurement schedule
- Approve orders
- Approve and appoint sub-contractors
- Draft SLA contracts with sub-contractors
- Approve sub-contractors progress claims
- Manage site office personnel
- Manage sub-contractors & labour relations
- Establish and oversee project close-out documentation and processes through to completion.
- Negotiate, resolve and close out any outstanding change orders, quality issues, or disputes.
- Process and track any final invoices, payment applications, retention payments, etc.
- Prepare and submit the final project accounting and budget.
Location (country, city): Klipspruit & Kempton Park, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Proven track record in delivering high-quality programs/projects.
- Able to display exceptionally strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Able to develop and maintain long-term relationships with all members of the team.
- Ability to present to senior management to motivate approvals.
- Passionate about solving complex challenges within aggressive timelines.
- Proficient in Microsoft Projects, Word, Excel, Buildsmart/Candy, and other relevant software platforms.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or related engineering degree/diploma.
- Project Management Professional course or certification. (PMP or CAPM)
- Min 10 years’ experience in large-scale EPC infrastructure projects as a project manager.
- Proven Track Record
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Construction Project Manager (6-Month Contract) – Klipspruit & Kempton Park – Ref: 981728-25
Construction Project Manager
To view our other job listings, click here