We are currently looking for a Commissioning Manager to be responsible for overseeing the commissioning process and ensuring that performance parameters of the machinery, instruments, equipment, and the processes have been met and documented.
Ideal Candidate: A degree or HND in a relevant discipline such as chemical, process or mechanical engineering along with five or more years of experience in a process engineering environment, preferably including demonstrable experience of the design of water or wastewater treatment process plant, ideally including membrane systems as well as biological treatment and biogas handling – technologies may include reverse osmosis and/or microfiltration, ultrafiltration and nanofiltration. Understanding and good working knowledge of flow metering, instrumentation, PLC, SCADA, valves, pumps, sampling systems, analysers, EC&I wiring and control panels.
Type: 6-Month Contract
Reports to: Project Manager
Primary purpose: Commissioning Manager provides commissioning expertise and coordinates commissioning resources for the development of commissioning related deliverables, including participation in constructability and operability activities; and engineering design reviews..
Job description / core competencies:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Project COMT team, comprising commissioning coordinators, commissioning engineers, operations and maintenance specialists.
- All pre-commissioning and commissioning activities are conducted in such a way as to ensure the safety of Construction, Commissioning and O&M personnel at all times.
- To prevent damage to existing and new equipment on the plant when conducting commissioning activities.
- Participate in the key design reviews such as P&ID, Equipment Layout, and HAZOP to ensure that the pre-commissioning and commissioning requirements are incorporated into the design of the facilities
- Provide expertise and oversight on all construction projects for start-up and commissioning
- Responsible for project field and jobsite start-up and commissioning operations
- Oversees Start-up and Commissioning and is process owner for all policies and procedures associated to department and area.
- Monitors and reviews all sectors start-up and commissioning programs and makes necessary revisions to program as required
- Design and plan the commissioning phase to match new product features and Software modifications meeting project scope
- Lead the commissioning engineering group, provide guidance and arrange for training of staff
Statutory and corporate governance requirements:
- Adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Adhere to all Company Policy and Procedures
- Ensure you are safe by using the necessary personal protective equipment issued to you;
- Adhere to all Atex/Ex requirements regarding biogas safety
Location (country, city): Springs, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A degree or HND in a relevant discipline, such as chemical, process or mechanical engineering.
- Likely to have five or more years of experience in a process engineering environment, preferably including demonstrable experience of the design of water or wastewater treatment process plant ideally including membrane systems as well as biological treatment and biogas handling – technologies may include reverse osmosis and/or microfiltration, ultrafiltration and nanofiltration.
- Understanding and good working knowledge of flow metering, instrumentation, PLC, SCADA, valves, pumps, sampling systems, analysers, EC&I wiring and control panels.
- A good working knowledge of process control and the ability to develop plant process control philosophies.
- A hands-on, practical approach, organised, confident and articulate – with both colleagues and clients.
- The ability to work unsupervised on own initiative and / or to collaborate effectively as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Leading a team skills.
- Commissioning activities reporting ability to troubleshoot and correct any fault
- Logic electrical equipment protection and related instrumentation and relay settings
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Project Engineer, Cape Town – Ref: 1215690
To view our other job listings, click here