We are currently looking for a Commissioning Manager to be responsible for overseeing the commissioning process and ensuring that performance parameters of the machinery, instruments, equipment, and the processes have been met and documented.
Ideal Candidate: A degree or HND in a relevant discipline such as chemical, process or mechanical engineering along with five or more years of experience in a process engineering environment, preferably including demonstrable experience of the design of water or wastewater treatment process plant, ideally including membrane systems as well as biological treatment and biogas handling – technologies may include reverse osmosis and/or microfiltration, ultrafiltration and nanofiltration. Understanding and good working knowledge of flow metering, instrumentation, PLC, SCADA, valves, pumps, sampling systems, analysers, EC&I wiring and control panels.
Type: 6-Month Contract
Reports to: Project Manager
Primary purpose: Commissioning Manager provides commissioning expertise and coordinates commissioning resources for the development of commissioning related deliverables, including participation in constructability and operability activities; and engineering design reviews..
Job description / core competencies:
- Manage the day-to-day activities of the Project COMT team, comprising commissioning coordinators, commissioning engineers, operations and maintenance specialists.
- All pre-commissioning and commissioning activities are conducted in such a way as to ensure the safety of Construction, Commissioning and O&M personnel at all times.
- To prevent damage to existing and new equipment on the plant when conducting commissioning activities.
- Participate in the key design reviews such as P&ID, Equipment Layout, and HAZOP to ensure that the pre-commissioning and commissioning requirements are incorporated into the design of the facilities
- Provide expertise and oversight on all construction projects for start-up and commissioning
- Responsible for project field and jobsite start-up and commissioning operations
- Oversees Start-up and Commissioning and is process owner for all policies and procedures associated to department and area.
- Monitors and reviews all sectors start-up and commissioning programs and makes necessary revisions to program as required
- Design and plan the commissioning phase to match new product features and Software modifications meeting project scope
- Lead the commissioning engineering group, provide guidance and arrange for training of staff
Statutory and corporate governance requirements:
- Adhere to all Health and Safety regulations
- Adhere to all Company Policy and Procedures
- Ensure you are safe by using the necessary personal protective equipment issued to you;
- Adhere to all Atex/Ex requirements regarding biogas safety
Location (country, city): Springs, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- A degree or HND in a relevant discipline, such as chemical, process or mechanical engineering.
- Likely to have five or more years of experience in a process engineering environment, preferably including demonstrable experience of the design of water or wastewater treatment process plant ideally including membrane systems as well as biological treatment and biogas handling – technologies may include reverse osmosis and/or microfiltration, ultrafiltration and nanofiltration.
- Understanding and good working knowledge of flow metering, instrumentation, PLC, SCADA, valves, pumps, sampling systems, analysers, EC&I wiring and control panels.
- A good working knowledge of process control and the ability to develop plant process control philosophies.
- A hands-on, practical approach, organised, confident and articulate – with both colleagues and clients.
- The ability to work unsupervised on own initiative and / or to collaborate effectively as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Leading a team skills.
- Commissioning activities reporting ability to troubleshoot and correct any fault
- Logic electrical equipment protection and related instrumentation and relay settings
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Project Engineer, Cape Town – Ref: 1215690
To apply, complete the form below or click here for full screen view.
To view our other job listings, click here
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org