Our client brings together a unique source of equipment supply and engineering and project management services for the production of the full range of minerals and metals. Head quartered in Germany with offices in Italy, USA, Canada, Chile, India, Australia and South Africa, their global bulk material handling, mining systems and equipment division has the following 12-month contract positions available:
- 1 Commissioning Engineer/Lead for a project in Kamsar, Guinea (good knowledge of French required)
- 1 Commissioning Engineer/Lead for a project in Chuquicamata, Chile (good knowledge of Spanish required)
Type: Contract (12 months)
Reports to: Site Manager and Head of Commissioning.
The ideal candidate should be able to complete the following tasks:
- Define and establish pre-commissioning / commissioning / testing and handover execution plans on the project(s) while ensuring the safety, quality, value and timeliness of the assigned project(s).
- Develop, manage and execute all pre-commissioning, commissioning and related activities in conformance with company policies and procedures, contracts, plans, specifications, schedules and cost estimates.
- Take the key role in directing and assisting the on-site team to develop and carry out the test procedures and test protocols.
- Assist, manage & supervise the commissioning of all systems of the plant.
- Investigate problems (troubleshoot), diagnose and repair faults.
- Take into account contractual requirements, project and construction schedule, reliability, maintenance, materials management and change management.
- Provide input (red-line drawing) for Engineering to do the as-built drawings.
- Interact and supervise sub-contractors and technical staff. Monitor Performance.
- Write reports and documentation – progress reports, punch list items, etc.
- Train maintenance and operative staff where appropriate.
- Ensure the preparation of final reports and certificates with client.
Travel requirements: Willingness and ability to travel internationally on short notice and to accept short and long-term assignments.
Country: Germany and either Guinea or Chile
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Engineering Degree and 10+ years’ experience in commissioning.
- Have worked in similar roles in the global bulk material handling, mining systems and equipment industry.
- Experience in developing and implementing detailed commissioning execution plans and schedules.
- Functional knowledge of pre-commissioning, turnover, commissioning, operations and maintenance technology.
- Experience in project risk review and follow-up for mitigation planning and execution.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interfacing with the site team as well as client representatives.
- Good leadership and managerial skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team and under pressure.
- Authoritative knowledge and extensive technical & operational background, holistic grasp of complex situations with the ability to move between intuitive and analytical approaches with ease and see the overall picture and alternative approaches.
- Should be computer literate in Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Willingness and ability to travel on a short notice internationally and to accept short and long-term assignments.
- Fluent in English
- Project in Guinea: good knowledge of French
- Project in Chile: good knowledge of Spanish
Our client brings together a unique source of equipment supply and engineering and project management services for the production of the full range of minerals and metals. Integrated solutions are provided through well-established wholly owned brand leaders in the industry.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Commissioning Engineer/Lead, Bulk Material Handling, Mining Systems and Equipment – Germany and either Guinea or Chile – Ref: 638571-27
To view our other job listings, click here.