Our client brings together a unique source of equipment supply and engineering and project management services for the production of the full range of minerals and metals. Integrated solutions are provided through well-established wholly owned brand leaders in the industry. A global and leading solution provider to the resource industries, providing design and supply or turn-key services for mining systems and equipment covering excavation, crushing, conveying and dumping systems. They offer innovative material handling solutions, providing bulk material handling solutions for a broad variety of commodities in minerals, aggregates, fertilizers and grain. Services include the design and supply or turn-key of all forms of stockyard and disposal facilities (including dry stacking of tailings), loading and unloading equipment, conveying and port facilities.
They currently have a 12-month contract position available in their global bulk material handling, mining systems and equipment division for a Commissioning Engineer/Lead. The successful incumbent will hold an Engineering Degree and have 10+ years of experience in commissioning; having worked in similar roles in the global bulk material handling, mining systems and equipment industry. Experience in developing and implementing detailed commissioning execution plans and schedules and functional knowledge of pre-commissioning, turnover, commissioning, operations and maintenance technology is required.
Willingness and ability to travel on a short notice internationally and to accept short and long term assignments.
Type: Contract (12 months)
Reports to: Head of Commissioning
- Define and establish pre-commissioning / commissioning / testing and handover execution plans on the project(s) while ensuring the safety, quality, value and timeliness of the assigned project(s).
- Develop, manage and execute all pre-commissioning, commissioning and related activities in conformance with company policies and procedures, contracts, plans, specifications, schedules, and cost estimates.
- Direct the on-site team in various functions necessary in their roles to meet or exceed all project commissioning objectives.
- Authoritative knowledge and extensive technical & operational background, holistic grasp of complex situations with the ability to move between intuitive and analytical approaches with ease and see the overall picture and alternative approaches.
- Take the key role in directing and assisting the on-site team to develop and carry out the test procedures and test protocols.
- Assist, manage and supervise the commissioning of various systems including the static and dynamic testing of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Investigate problems (troubleshoot), diagnose and repair faults.
- Work closely with various stakeholders including the Project Manager, Engineering Managers and the Construction Team to provide subject-matter expert advice and leadership.
- Lead & direct all commissioning activity for a project including the lead staff position responsible for and directing all commissioning activities at the site.
- Ensure best practices by developing and implementing turnover, pre-commissioning, commissioning, preservation and maintenance processes and systems considering and including: contractual requirements, project and construction schedule, reliability, maintenance, materials management and change management.
- Provide input on as-built drawing preparation.
- Interact and supervise sub-contractors and technical staff. Monitor Performance.
- Write reports and documentation – progress reports, punch list items, etc.
- Train maintenance and operative staff where appropriate.
- Ensure the preparation of final reports and certificates with client.
Travel requirements: Willingness and ability to travel internationally on short notice and to accept short and long term assignments.
Job Qualification & Experience:
- The candidate should hold at minimum an Engineering Degree and have 10+ years of experience in Commissioning.
- Have worked in similar roles in the global bulk material handling, mining systems and equipment industry.
- Experience in developing and implementing detailed commissioning execution plans and schedules.
- Functional knowledge of pre-commissioning, turnover, commissioning, operations and maintenance technology.
- Willingness and ability to travel on a short notice internationally and to accept short and long term assignments.
- Experience in project risk review and follow-up for mitigation planning and execution.
- Demonstrated leadership skills necessary to achieve business and project results.
- Ability to learn and apply knowledge of applicable local, state/province, and federal/national statutes and guidelines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for interfacing with the project commissioning team as well as client representatives.
- Good leadership and managerial skills.
- Ability to work well independently and in a team and under pressure.
- Good IT and analytical skills.
- Should be computer literate in Microsoft Office, Excel, Power Point and Word.
- Fluent in English, additional languages are a benefit but not essential.
Our client brings together a unique source of equipment supply and engineering and project management services for the production of the full range of minerals and metals. Integrated solutions are provided through well-established wholly owned brand leaders in the industry.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Commissioning Engineer / Lead, Bulk Material Handling, Mining Systems and Equipment – Germany – Ref: 638571-28
To view our other job listings, click here.