Would working for one of Fortune Magazine’s joint winners of “the worlds most admired companies to work for in the category of Engineering and Construction” be of interest?
Our client, a well-known provider of professional technical and construction services, with revenues of nearly $10 billion, has an opportunity for a Commercial Administrator to be responsible for Commercial Administration support, document control, establishing & maintaining filing system and assisting in ensuring project document close out for relevant project.
The ideal candidate will have a relevant Project Administration Qualification, with 2 years plus experience in Project Administration, Contracts/Document Control/Admin with a background in working with Engineering, Technical or Constructions companies. Willing to travel to sites. Initial 6 month contract with a good possibility of extension.
Type: Contract (Initial 6 month contract with a good possibility of extension)
Reports to: Contracts and Procurement Manager
Travel requirements: Willing to travel to sites
Job description / core competencies:
- Commercial administration support, timeous collation & distribution of documentation packs for meetings (minutes, agenda. etc.)
- Receive relevant commercial documentation timeously for & on behalf of Contracts and Procurement Manager.
- Assist in updating weekly/monthly reporting, planning, action list & calendar for Contracts and Procurement Manager activities.
- Assist in preparing commercial documentation for handover, close out for document control.
- Assist in coordinating transmittals of documentation in accordance with document control protocols.
- Assist with timely capturing, filing & tracking of commercial documentation.
- Assist in updating, tracking & maintaining commercial registers including but not limited to claims registers, etc.
- Responsible for maintaining commercial documentation library.
- Assist in establishing & maintaining appropriate filing systems for relevant projects.
- Assist in ensuring project document close out for relevant project (archiving, etc.)
- Adhere to Internal administration procedures, policies & work instructions.
- Adhere to HSE policies & procedures.
- Timeous completion of weekly timesheets.
- Timeously distribution of documentation to relevant recipients.
- Interaction & communication with internal clients.
- Ensure execution of activities & working methods are applied.
Country: South Africa
Location: Cape Town
Job Qualification & Experience:
Job Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- Matric or relevant Project Administration Qualification
- 1-2 years (General Administration)
- 2 years Project Administration
- Corporate Environment
- Knowledge of MS Packages (Word, Excel & Outlook)
- Knowledge & application of Administrative Codes of Good Practices
- Basic working Knowledge Visio
- Meeting Minute Taking
- Good written, verbal communication & interpersonal skills.
- Ability to multitask.
- Good customer service orientation.
- Ability to manage filing methods & management techniques.
- Ability to work as part of a team & independently.
- Good organising & planning abilities.
- Maintain good ethical behaviour & practices at all times.
Our client is a well-known provider of professional technical and construction services.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Commercial Administrator Petrochemical (6 months contract), Cape Town – Ref: 1087066-1
Commercial Administrator Petrochemical
To view our other job listings, click here.