Expertly serving the food, beverage and packaging industries with conveyor components, CNC manufacturing, injection moulding and other solutions, our client is currently sourcing experienced CNC Machine Operators to produce machined parts by programming, setting up and operating computer numerical control (CNC) machines. The ideal incumbents will have experience working on CNC machines (Fanuc controls preferably), have a good understanding of and be able to interpret NC codes as well as CAD drawing, and be proficient in the use of measuring tools such as a vernier, height gauge, etc.
Reports to: Production Manager (second line reports to Technical Director)
Position summary: A CNC Machine Operator produces machined parts by programming, setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine whilst maintaining company quality and safety standards, keeping records, maintaining equipment and supplies.
- Sets-up and operates CNC machine as per job requirements and specifications.
- Plans job orders according to schedule and monitors materials needed.
- Responsible for tooling, attachments, collets etc and are available and in working order.
- Verifies settings by measuring positions, first-run part, and sample workpieces; adhering to company standards of quality.
- Maintains specifications by observing drilling, grooving, and cutting, including taking measurements; detecting malfunctions; troubleshooting processes; adjusting and reprogramming controls; sharpening and replacing worn tools; adhering to quality assurance procedures and processes.
- Maintains safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations.
- Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs.
- Maintains continuity among work shifts by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Documents actions by completing production and quality logs.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading technical publications.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Maintains a high level of appearance in line with company image.
Key Performance Areas (KPAs):
Performance & Quality
- Ability to work and complete the job without major supervision.
- Ability to complete the job on time and with quality.
- Ability to communicate with colleagues and problem solve.
Discipline & Appearance
- Ability to maintain a high level of attendance.
- Ability to clock in and clock off from shifts to a high standard.
- Ability to log on and log off of jobs to a high standard.
- Ability to maintain a high level of appearance.
- Ability to maintain a high level of work space cleanliness.
Attitude & Teamwork
- Ability to work positively and achieve a pleasant working environment.
- Ability to problem solve and communicate with co-workers positively.
- Ability to communicate with Managers effectively and positively.
- Ability to learn from others.
- Ability to help teach and pass on knowledge to others.
- Ability to work safely.
- Ability to adhere and maintain safe working practices.
Location (country, city): Lanseria
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Experience working on CNC machines (Fanuc controls preferably).
- Understand and interpret NC codes.
- Understand and interpret CAD drawings.
- Experience using measuring tools like a Vernier, Height gauge, etc.
Specialist provider of conveyor components, CNC manufacturing, injection moulding and other solutions to the food, beverage and packaging industries.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
CNC Machine Operators, Lanseria – Ref: 1102204
CNC Machine Operators
To view our other job listings, click here