Our client, a well-known provider of energy efficient climate control solutions and air treatment systems across the globe, seeks a Technical Sales Engineer for the promotion, design and presentation of all climate control equipment in the Agriculture and Horticulture sectors. As an expert in ventilation / cooling / heating and control of all disciplines and segments you will have a deep understanding of plant physiology and be apt in intensive animal farming.
Selected segments serviced will include: broilers (full or partial climate control), layers (full or partial climate control), dairy (new segment focus) and greenhouses (explain new technology and benefits of equipment). Travel will be required both regionally and into selected countries in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The ideal incumbent will be a self-driven go-getter with a Mechanical Engineering qualification, at least 5 years’ sales experience (technical sales experience and exposure to the Agricultural sector will be an advantage) with a good understanding of adiabatic humidification system design and psychrometrics.
Remuneration package consists of a basic salary, commission, pension, medical aid, car allowance, petrol card, cell phone and laptop.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
· Mechanical degree or diploma
· At least 5-8 years’ sales experience with Agriculture sector exposure
· Experience in a technical sales role preferred
· Understanding of psychrometrics (study of air properties)
· AutoCad design capabilities – beneficial
· Adiabatic humidification system design (understanding)
· Able to convince client and end user regarding payback situations for equipment installed
· Self-motivated, self-driven (“Hunter” sales attitude)
· Good time management
· Travel regionally and into selected countries in Sub Saharan Africa
Our client is a well-known provider of energy efficient climate control solutions and air treatment systems across the globe creating the perfect climate for customers in a wide range of industries, the largest being the food, pharmaceutical and data centre sectors. Having been in operation since the 1950’s, they now employ around 3 500 employees in more than 30 countries.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Climate Control Equipment Technical Sales Engineer (Agriculture / Horticulture Sectors), Johannesburg – Ref: 120519-1