We are currently sourcing a Chemical Engineering Process Technician, for a 6 month contract and to be responsible for the plant test work. The ideal candidate will have a relative Degree in Chemical Engineering with at least two years working experience in water related process engineering. Drawing in Visio (added advantage). License and own vehicle a requirement.
Type: 6 Month Contract
Primary purpose: The role of the Process Technician will be to develop from a site based resource, and will be initially busy with site test work and focusing on plant operating activities, that form part of company’s Engineering Department.
Job description / core competencies:
- Plant test work – take samples, analyse, interpret results and report
- Setting up and supervising operating personnel to do routine sample analyses for a specific process
- Setting up procedures and supervising operating personnel to do specific test work with the view on optimizing processes
- Assess processes, take measurements and interpret data
- Focus on process steps and plant activities, run tests and propose improvements
- Create PFDs, mark-up P&IDs and doing simple mass balances
- Assist commissioning teams with various commissioning activities
- Create written reports including data analysis, trending and plant performance
- Interface with plant manager and external consultants and specialists
Location (country, city): East Rand
Job Qualification & Experience:
Tertiary Chemical Engineering qualification – Diploma in Chemical Engineering/BTEch/BEng
Drawing in Visio will be beneficial even though it is not a pre-requisite for this position
Working experience in water-related process engineering – at least two years
Well-developed technical skills
Exposure to laboratory procedures and processes
Familiarity with health and safety regulations
Analytical thinker with interpersonal skills
Understanding of mechanical equipment and their function/operation
Working knowledge of the MS suite of software packages – especially Excel and Word
Large-scale, industrial company specializing in wastewater treatment solutions, processes and equipment design, construction, commissioning, operation, manufacture, and maintenance of wastewater treatment plants.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Chemical Engineering Process Technician, Wastewater Treatment, (6 Month Contract) – East Rand- Ref: 981728-12
To view our other job listings, click here