A well-known cement manufacturer and distributor is sourcing a Reliability Engineer, qualified in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, preferably with a GCC (Mines) and with 8 years of experience. Any previous cement industry experience or exposure will be a definite advantage. The ideal incumbent will have a good mix of practical experience and the ability to run and manage the maintenance system as the primary purpose of the position will be to lead the planning, inspection and reliability improvement functions through the practical application of predictive and preventive maintenance strategies.
Cement Manufacturing Reliability Engineer
Reports to: Engineering Manager
Primary purpose: The incumbent will lead the planning, inspection and reliability improvement functions through the practical application of predictive and preventive maintenance strategies.
Job description / core competencies:
- Offering specialist service on how best equipment must be maintained and advising on legal compliance.
- Providing on time reports on plant performance.
- Ensuring high equipment reliability and availability with no unplanned stops.
- Ensuring that shutdowns are completed within time constraints and budgets resulting in the required plant performance.
- Drive formal program of root cause identification/failure analysis and corrective actions for equipment failures.
- Assist with new installations and capital projects.
- Continuous reliability analysis.
- Development of improvement plans to achieve reliability related targets.
- Weekly/monthly reliability reports.
- Responsible for planning and scheduling of engineering work.
- Responsible for ensuring audit compliance and reliability of the computerized maintenance management system.
- Develop maintenance budget.
- Budget compliance and achievement of cost forecasts.
- Training and development for the department.
- Hharmonious working environment, with inspired people creating stakeholder fulfilment.
- Ensuring motivated personnel who perform well against accepted standards.
- Regulatory compliance as well as product performance consistency.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- B.Eng. (preferred) or Diploma in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering.
- Government Certificate of Competence (Mines) strongly preferred.
- 8 years related experience, ideally with experience in the cement industry.
- Knowledge of modern safety standards.
- Knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management.
- In-depth knowledge of preventative, predictive and planned maintenance.
- In depth knowledge of execution of maintenance jobs.
- Spares management – stock level, inspections on deliveries, planning of requirements, drawing up of specifications.
- In depth knowledge of shutdown planning.
- In depth knowledge of equipment used in the cement manufacturing process.
- Root cause analysis techniques.
- Financial management principles (cost, budgeting).
- Project management skills.
- MS projects skills.
- Performance management skills.
- Understanding of applicable legislation and ability to ensure compliance, including MHSA.
- Decision making skills
- Analytical thinking skills
- Team leadership skills
- Customer & service orientation skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Cross functional interaction skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Planning, organizing & execution
- Ability to prioritise and evaluate
- Performance orientated
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Deadline focused
- Ability to develop and motivate others
A well-known cement manufacturer and distributor.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.