Our client currently has an opportunity for a Financial Manager to have responsibility and supervision of the company’s administrative, accounting, controlling, treasury, tax, and legal compliance and generally to give adequate support to the South African business, the group CFO and his team in the Italian headquarters.
The successful incumbent will be CA/CIMA/Accounting Honours qualified, have a minimum of 10 years’ experience in Finance Management and have Industrial/Manufacturing exposure.
Statutory returns and reporting
Responsibility for the prompt submission of the following returns and payment of the associated taxes and levies.
- Monthly VAT, PAYE, UIF, SDL returns.
- Annual Income tax & STC returns.
- Annual WCA return.
- Quarterly wage statistics
Maintenance of the Companies statutory records in conjunction with Company Secretary
Management reporting, budgets and forecasting
- Preparation of the monthly Management Accounts forms B1-B6
- Preparation of operational managements accounts for the management of branch activities
- Preparation of the Quarterly B1-B6 at company and consolidation level
- Preparation of the annual budget reports B0, B1-B6 and assistance with budget presentation
- Preparation of the annual sell in and sell out forecasts
- Assistance with ad hoc forecast and reports as required from time to time
- Preparation of quarterly reports for submission to BEE shareholder
Management of the companies internal control systems to ensure.
- All creditor reconciliations are duly checked and approved for payment.
- All bank reconciliations are checked and approved on a monthly basis.
- All critical general ledger account reconciliations are reviewed on a monthly basis.
- All journal entries are reviewed and approved
- Fixed assets are properly identified & accounted for in terms of the requirements of the Companies Act.
Preparation of accounting data
- Management of the accounting personnel in order to ensure all data is accurately and promptly processed
- Review of weekly and monthly costing data and variance reports
- Control of all general ledger posting activities
- Preparation of annual audit working papers in support of year end accounting balances
- Preparation of BEE reporting data and reports
- Manage the planning, preparation of data for and the relationship with the external auditors.
- Ownership of SAP FICOS module
- Ownership of the Business Objects reporting module
- Ownership of the BOARD budgeting and forecasting module
- Management of accounting projects as directed by the Company head office
- Liaising with IT call center regarding SAP and related computer software problems
Day to day business management and treasury functions
- Review of daily cash flows to ensure overdraft expenses are minimized and on call balances are maximized
- Management of credit control function in terms of the responsibilities defined for the credit controller
- Approval of all new credit account applications
- Management of credit release functions
- Preparation of monthly cash flow reports
- Liaison with Bankers in order to ensure cash investment returns are maximized in accordance with company cash flow requirements
- Review of branch expenditure on a monthly basis in order to ensure variable monthly expenses are properly controlled in relation to budget
- Review of operating margins at product level in order to ensure margins are being maintained and costing errors are highlighted
- Assist with IT software support function
- Assist with quarterly and annual stock counts
- Undertake business related projects as required from time to time
- Management of your accounts department personnel to ensure
– Data is promptly and accurately processed
– Internal control policies and procedures are maintained
– Staff members are properly motivated for better staff performance
– Create, implement and manage annual personal and skills development plans for your team
– Set annual performance measurement criteria for individuals in your team and manage expectations accordingly
Key Performance Areas
- Establish procedures and systems in order to ensure the Company Head Office reporting requirements are met on a consistent basis
- Set up inter company information reporting systems which highlights changing sales trends, movements in margins and cost over runs
- Review systems to streamline work flows
- Maintain a skilled and motivated work environment for accounting personnel
Location (country, city): Johannesburg, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
CA / CIMA / Accounting Hons qualified
10+ years’ Finance Management experience
Industrial/ Manufacturing exposure
Key success factors for this position are defined as follows:
- A detailed knowledge of the SAP informatics system
- A recognized accounting qualification from a SA university
- An understanding of the business and its processes
- A clear understanding of taxation and other legislations and our compliance with them
- The ability to meet accounting and other deadlines
- A proactive approach to problem solving with the view of constantly looking for ways to improve systems and processes
- Experience in environments which operate sophisticated informatics systems
- A good knowledge of spread sheets for the management and manipulation of data
- A working knowledge of computers
- The ability to manage, develop and interact with personnel
Distributor and services provider of world class power transmission.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
CA Qualified Financial Manager (EE) – Johannesburg – Ref: 1205270-4
To view our other job listings, click here