Our client is the Wastewater Industry is looking for a Buyer/Procurement Clerk to be responsible for assessing products, services and suppliers, negotiating contracts and coordinating purchases between Project teams and suppliers. They are also responsible for ensuring that approved purchases are of a sufficient quality and are cost-efficient.
Ideal candidate: 5 Years’ experience in the purchasing of Mechanical – electrical parts & Components in project-based organisations
Type: 6-Month Contact
Reports to: Procurement Manager.
Primary purpose: To be responsible for assessing products, services and suppliers, negotiating contracts and coordinating purchases between Project teams and suppliers. They are also responsible for ensuring that approved purchases are of a sufficient quality and are cost-efficient.
Job description / core competencies:
- Identify & appoint suppliers to meet the project objectives.
- Manage suppliers by assigning orders and deliveries.
- Collaborate with stores, draughtman, product engineers, project managers, site managers & project engineers etc. to determine the specifications of the requirement.
- Plan deliveries & collection due dates to optimise achieving operational deadlines.
- Provide weekly feedback on overdue orders & present corrective action plan.
- Follow standardised processes, tool, & procedures. (Identify optimization as & when required)
Roles and responsibilities:
- Receive request for materials & parts from the various sources.
- Confirm clarity of specification to ensure effectiveness of sourcing.
- Confirm stock availability.
- Obtain quotes from suitable suppliers.
- Negotiate suitable terms.
- Prepare purchase orders.
- Obtain approval from project managers & project sponsors.
- Place orders.
- Perform follow-up to confirm due delivery/collection dates.
- Arrange collection with logistics department.
- Confirm orders delivered/received to specification.
- Receive & prepare delivery notes & invoices.
- Resolve matters relevant to incorrect deliveries, delivery notes & invoices.
- Prepare for payment request to fin department.
- Prepare weekly feedback reports.
Statutory and corporate governance requirements:
- Good understanding and adherence to organizational procurement policy and the impact of purchases on organizational BBBEE scoring.
- Good understanding of organizational Quality Assurance and Processes.
Location (country, city): Randfontein, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Matric Certificate
- Procurement Course / Qualification (FET / HET)
- 5 Years’ experience in the purchasing of Mechanical – electrical parts & Components in project-based organisations
- Good communication skills
- Good administrative skills
- Good procedural skills
- Good time management skills
- Good self-management skills
- Have a make it happen attitude
- The ability to keep to commitments and deadlines
- The ability to be proactive
- The ability to take ownership
- The ability to work cohesively with team members
- The ability to always push for excellence working
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Buyer/Procurement Clerk (6-Month Contact) – Randfontein – Ref: 981728-27
To view our other job listings, click here