Our client is a well-known procurement partner (buying agent) for mining companies operating in Africa; they procure goods and services on behalf of clients, consolidate and export the goods to their final destination.
They are currently sourcing a Buyer, based in Randburg, to plan and manage the procurement of mining critical products for various mining clients in Africa. Relevant experience in mining-related procurement would be beneficial, however the company is open to provide the necessary training and mentorship to a recent Graduate having completed a degree in logistics, supply, chain, procurement or related discipline.
The ideal incumbent will be proactive, adaptable and focused, able to meet targets within budget and deliver under tight deadlines; excellent time management skills, able to work independently or as part of a team and deliver on multiple projects concurrently.
Reports to: General Manager
Key internal relationships: Procurement Colleagues
Key external relationships: Clients and Suppliers
Primary purpose: Managing and planning critical stock components for various mining companies in Africa, e.g. explosives, chemicals, lubricants, drilling and laboratory equipment, thereby ultimately preventing a loss of production due to stock outs.
Job description / core competencies:
- Raising of purchase orders based on client requirements and specifications.
- Sourcing (local/international) of required items; meeting with supplier Sales Representative to compare products and negotiating on lowest cost, best quality and delivery timelines.
- Obtaining authorisation for orders and sending monthly forecasts to relevant suppliers to prevent stock outs; regularly chasing backorders where applicable.
- Processing of client orders within the specified S.O.P.
- Planning and arranging transport to the relevant mines.
- Communicating with the client and providing tracking reports on goods en route.
Location (country, city): Randburg, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant Supply Chain Degree (Logistics, Purchasing, Procurement, Materials, Buying, or Supply Chain management) and training will be provided, OR
- 5 years’ mining-related buyer experience.
A well-known procurement partner (buying agent) for mining companies operating in Africa that procures goods and services on behalf of its clients, consolidates and exports the goods to final destination.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Buyer, Mining Industry, Randburg – Ref: 718429
To view our other job listings, click here.