Our client, specialising in weld-repair, welding consumables manufacturing and engineered wear solutions is currently in the process of recruiting a Business Development Manager to optimise the penetration of the company’s products in its existing target markets and to grow and develop new markets and clients, nationally and in Africa. The position will be based in Benoni and will report directly to the MD of South Africa. The ideal incumbent will have 5 – 8 years of experience in a similar position and bring fresh enthusiasm and motivation to help strengthen the team. Knowledge of their core products and the ability to identify potential applications would be an advantage coupled with knowledge of supply chain, logistics and key account management.
Reports to: Managing Director
Primary purpose: To optimise the penetration of the company’s products in its existing target markets and to grow and develop new markets and clients, nationally and in Africa.
Description of accountabilities:
New Business Development
- Develop and implement new business strategy.
- Identify new business opportunities.
- Manage key customer relationships.
Existing and Dormant Clients
- Optimise sales to existing clients.
- Revive dormant clients.
- Understand and define corporate customer needs, ensuring a solutions-based marketing approach and the development of product range packages for corporate clients.
- Design and implement product catalogue.
- Optimise the overall performance of this business to meets statutory and business requirements.
- Develop industry insight on both supply and demand sides.
- Handle ongoing strategic discussions with third parties.
- Establish sound management information systems and handle budgeting and forecasting.
- Retain current business at increased profit ratios.
- Generate new business at maximum returns.
- Identify export opportunities.
- Monthly reporting & annual business plan preparation.
- Information exchange to the all Global Executives and other Group companies.
- Continuous improvement in all functional areas of the BU.
- Keep abreast of all business developments that are occurring that could bring about lucrative business opportunities to the organisation.
- Identify a potential supply scheme application in operating market.
- Develop a strategic plan with goals over a 5-year period in respect of this new market.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- The successful incumbent will be in possession of an appropriate tertiary qualification.
- Knowledge of our core products and the ability to identify potential applications would be an advantage coupled with knowledge of supply chain, logistics and key account management.
- Strong selling and negotiating skills, experience in safety standards, policies and procedures are further requirements for this position.
- Growth drive, customer intimacy, influencing and strategy delivery are the competencies for this position.
- Previous working experience in a similar position would be an advantage.
- Considerable knowledge of people management skills and how to motivate staff to deliver the best possible performance.
- Strong and effective communicator.
- Highly developed, demonstrated team player and teamwork skills.
- Ability to coordinate the efforts of a team of diverse creative employees.
- Commitment to continuous learning.
- Demonstrate effectiveness in holding conversations with customers, customer product training, and customer focus product development and support.
- Demonstrate ability to see the big picture and provide useful advice and input across the company.
- 5 – 8 years’ experience in a similar position.
Specialists in weld-repair, welding consumables manufacturing and engineered wear solutions serving a wide variety of industries including mining, cement and agriculture.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Business Development Manager, Benoni – Ref: 610377
Business Development Manager
To view our other job listings, click here