Our client is an international investment and trading company with an interest in the industrial minerals, chemicals, agriculture, and fertilizer markets.
They are looking for a Business Developer who has at least 3 years’ experience in the Food & Agri business. The candidate must have strong familiarity with the Food & Agribusiness business landscape, networking organizations, and business community. In addition, an understanding of the Agri Business domain, trends challenges and opportunities is required. A strong existing network of senior business relationships that can be leveraged for business development would be a distinct advantage.
The candidate should have a knowledge of international trading and have a good knowledge of markets on the African continent and the Middle East. The candidate will also need to be competent in contract negotiation and preparation between stakeholders.
The Business Developer will be responsible for creating a pipeline of new business opportunities in the Food & Agri sectors, and be responsible for sales, strategy, and growth in the division in the territory
Primary purpose: The qualified individual will be responsible for sales, strategy, and growth in the division in the territory. The overall role is to improve the company’s market position in Africa and achieve financial growth. To assist in achieving long-term organizational strategic goals by finding new customers, converting them into clients or partners and building and maintaining key relationships, thereby maximizing revenue for the organization. To understand the company’s goal and purpose and continuously enhance the company’s performance. Understand the company’s people and mentor internal staff to grow and succeed.
Prospecting and Research
- Prospect for new local and international clients to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Create a business plan for new opportunities and complete a feasibility study.
- Gain insight into the client’s concerns and objectives. Develop proposals, pitches and presentations that speak to the client’s needs.
- Identify the decision makers within the potential client’s organization and facilitate introductions between the company’s executives and the clients’ or partners’ executives.
- Visit and meet potential partners.
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors, identify and develop the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators.
- Negotiation and preparation of contracts between stakeholders.
CRM and Reporting
- Anticipate the market and your clients’ needs, concerns and strategies.
- Work with the team to ensure that prerequisites (like prequalification or getting on a vendor list) are fulfilled within a timely manner.
- Facilitate and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Submit weekly progress reports, forecasts and sales target reports.
- Track and record activity on accounts and help to close deals to meet these targets.
- Keep abreast of developments in the industry by conducting research and attending industry functions such as Webinars, events and conferences and provide feedback and information on market trends, new products and client expectations.
- Present and consult with mid and senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, products, and distribution channels.
Location (country, city): Sandton, South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
Relevant Degree and Gr 12 (Matric)
3 years’ experience in the Food & Agri business
Knowledge of international trading
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Business Developer – Sandton, South Africa – Ref: 1208021-1
To view our other job listings, click here