Kick start your career in this exciting new position. Our client is an international listed enterprise in the manufacturing of medical and safety technology – saving, protecting and supporting lives in over 180 countries.
They currently have a 12-month contract position available for a newly qualified Breathing Apparatus (BA) Technician with a National Diploma (or higher) in Electronic Engineering. No prior experience required.
If you have a strong leadership personality and excellent time management skills, the ability to act as a facilitator in a highly diverse, cross-functional team and to achieve excellent results and commitment along with a valid driver’s license, willing to travel when required and to work outside of normal working hours if required, this is the breakthrough you have been looking for.
Type: Contract (duration of contract: 12 months, possibility of going permanent)
Reports to: Team Leader & Operational Service Manager.
- The BA Technician drives the strategy process within his region in close collaboration with the Team Leader for the Cape Town branch.
- The BA Technician addresses emergency situations and escalates to the Team Leader in Cape Town, in the event that issues cannot be solved.
Tasks and responsibilities:
The BA Technician will carry out his duties with the diligence of a prudent businessman following the code of business conduct.
- Coordinate a business plan/mid-term planning in close collaboration and agreement with all functions regarding expenses and gross profit for your relevant area of responsibility.
- Responsible for internal communications within the workshop.
- Relationship-management with local distributors and customers.
Sales and service responsibility:
- Maximize the service development through a business plan and implement service strategies that enable the department to achieve its objectives.
- Monitor the performance of the service function within the field and take remedial action where necessary to ensure that targets are met.
- Control the budget for the service function in your area of responsibility to ensure that all financial targets are met and that all necessary financial controls are in place to comply with company and regulatory requirements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key customers and other relevant bodies to ensure that the department’s maximum potential is realized.
- Organize service process in terms of resources, volume, quality, operating profit and planning.
- Maximize revenue from services through a service business plan for your area of responsibility.
- Ensure the required number of spare parts are on hand in order to ensure efficient completion of work timeously.
- Responsible for care, maintenance and up keep of designated tools and test equipment issued in order to carry out job responsibilities efficiently.
- Servicing, maintenance and repairs of all relevant equipment in your functional area of responsibility
- SCBA sets/components
- EEBD (Emergency Escape Breathing Device)
- Airline Breathing Equipment
- Emergency Escape Filter Device
- Pre-delivery checks
- Fortnightly feedback to customers on outstanding jobs.
- Ensure that your annual budget is achieved, and if possible, exceeded in order to ensure that the service workshop is profitable.
- Monitor the performance of the service function within the workshop and take necessary action where necessary.
- General administration duties including, but not limited to, typing certificates and other relevant documentation necessary to carry out your work efficiently.
- Stock take.
- Providing customers with quotes as and when required.
- Prepare service forecasts monthly.
- Ensure compliance with the Principles of Business and Conduct in the Group and local laws and regulations.
- Ensure compliance with occupational safety and health laws and other applicable regulations.
- Communications and brand.
- Support brand recognition.
- Responsible for internal communications.
- Relationship-management with distributors, customers and all employees within the Branch.
Location / infrastructure:
- Provide a safe and powerful environment and streamline processes for the best efficiency within your area of responsibility.
- Initiate and implement a program in close collaboration with the Service Supervisor and Service Manager to improve the utilization of infrastructure and resources within the department and to optimize efficiency.
Regulatory affairs and quality:
- Follow the processes and actions to obtain and maintain all relevant certifications, e.g. ISO, in close collaboration with the Service Supervisor and the local Quality Manager.
- Ensure compliance with corporate quality and environmental policies.
- Prepare, implement and monitor effective processes that provide the evidence of compliance with relevant directives, standards, technical, legal, industry or trade requirements.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Education N. Diploma or higher in Electronic Engineering
- Related Experience N/A
Skills, special competencies or certifications:
- Strong leadership personality.
- Ability to act as a facilitator in a highly diverse cross-functional team and achieve excellent results and commitment.
- Language skills: business English & Afrikaans.
- Valid driver’s licence.
- Ability to travel, if required.
- Ability to work outside of normal working hours as required from time to time.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- MS Office: Basic.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
An international listed enterprise in the manufacturing of medical and safety technology – saving, protecting and supporting lives in over 180 countries.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Breathing Apparatus Technician (N.Dip. Electronic Eng.), No prior experience required – Bellville – Ref: 708934
Breathing Apparatus Technician
To view our other job listings, click here