Our client, an emerging market player in the region with expertise in the cane industry, is looking for a qualified Automotive Electrician to install and maintain electrical system of Tractors, Trailers and Light & Heavy motor vehicles as well as to maintain and repair alternators and starter motors on the above-mentioned machines.
Job description / core competencies:
- Repair and maintain all electrical equipment and process control;
- Install wiring and circuits for extensions and additions to work sites;
- Carry out electrical fitting, high voltage switching and electronics;
- Read wiring diagrams to plan layout of wiring systems;
- Install insulated cables and connect switches, outlets and other fittings;
- Complete electrical calculations;
- Test equipment and electronic diagnostic;
- Check high voltage switching.
Location: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Certificate or Diploma in Automotive Electrical Engineering or related qualification.
- Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education.
- Computer literate.
- The ability to work under pressure.
- The ability to use time effectively to complete tasks.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- The ability to work effectively with others.
- Reliable, responsible, able to maintain alertness, must be assertive, have physical fitness.
- Minimum 6 years of relevant working experience.
An emerging market player in the region with expertise in the cane industry. USD 30 million investment plan over the next two to three years to increase the cane supply and milling capacity of the factory from the present 90 tons of cane per hour (TCH) to 200 TCH. This investment will enable the mill to crush more than 4,000 tons of cane per day and will further support the local farming community who pioneered sugar cane development in the area over the last 4 years. Investment in road infrastructure and maintenance in parallel with the mills expansion also contributes to the regions development. The expansion will make them the second largest miller. Cane is 100 % supplied by outgrowers with the company giving extension services, harvest and transport services from field to mill. In addition to the milling and sales operations, the company is is also investing in infrastructure and agronomic support to ensure sustainable economic supply of cane from the farmers. The actual milling capacity is above 600,000 tons of sugar cane over a 300 day crop with a potential to increase same to over 1,000,000 tons of sugar cane within the next two to three years. Staff compliment 850 fixed term employees and an additional 200 seasonal and contractual workers.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Automotive Electrician, Kenya – Ref: 905462
To view our other job listings, click here.