Join our client’s global network committed to building trust, solving complex problems and delivering quality with an in-depth knowledge and understanding of operating environments in Sub-Saharan Africa, effectively putting themselves in their clients’ shoes. The company seeks to recruit a Smart Factory Associate Director to establish and build the Smart Factory Digital/Technology Practice for the Mining, Manufacturing, Energy and Utilities industries.
The ideal candidate will have 10 – 14 years’ relevant project and consulting experience and a relevant B degree in Information Systems / Computer Science or Engineering. Masters Degree or higher or an advanced business degree would be preferable. Enterprise architecture certification highly recommended. Formal project management certification recommended. ICT operations certification an advantage (e.g. ITIL). Formal business process improvement methodologies an advantage.
The ideal candidate will have the following experience: Demonstrate deep experience in MES, MOM, Essential 8 and other smart factory technologies in relevant industries. Working knowledge of ERP, Automation and Control, IoT, AI, Robots/RPA, Drones, VR/AR, 3-D Printing, Block chain, Mobile, Social Media, Cloud architectures and Data & Analytics. Working knowledge of relevant standards like ISA 95, IIC and IEC.
Reports to: Partner/Director
Primary purpose: Establish and build the Smart Factory Digital/Technology Practice for Mining, Manufacturing, Energy and Utilities industries.
- Travel required Yes
- Driver’s license Yes
- Own car required Yes
Job description / core competencies:
- Define and execute go-to market strategies for in target industries.
- Grow major/strategic account revenue in conjunction with account leads.
- Drive new business development within new clients.
- Develop innovative solutions for clients and industries and convert these into sales.
- Oversee all business development initiatives across assigned industry/competency/sub-competency.
- Identify, qualify, scope and close opportunities, managing relationships across different customer and internal groups.
- Engage with clients to identify opportunities for transformative improvements within their businesses.
- Meet sales, revenue and profitability targets.
- Be recognised as a thought leader in industry through frequent publications and speaking engagements.
- Recruit the necessary professionals to build a sustaining practice.
- Manage complex multi-stream/discipline project teams and the overall delivery of large transformation programmes.
- Manage finances associated with project delivery, practice management and business planning and budgeting.
- Analysing and formulate business strategy, strategic plans/objectives and other client related data.
- Successfully understand, interpret and solve complex business challenges.
- Think independently and creatively when formulating solutions.
- Develop solutions that can be leveraged/re-sold to new clients.
- Facilitate and lead team problem solving and client issue resolution efforts.
- Take full ownership of the quality of the project delivery.
- Perform external quality assurance on consulting engagements.
- Build and sustain professional relationships both within the company and externally.
- Build long term relationships with clients that can be translated into revenue opportunities.
- Actively collaborate with colleagues in solving unique business and technology challenges.
- Build effective relationships with team members.
- Fulfil coaching and mentorship roles to junior staff.
- Demonstrate extreme depth in managing programmes, customers and internal stakeholders.
- Deep experience in understanding, designing and delivering transformation programmes in the relevant industries.
- Have a solid understanding of business transformation journeys.
- Thorough understanding of programming and SDLC methodologies.
- Is able to motivate a team for excellent delivery.
- Open-minded, practical and able to solve complex problems.
- Attention to detail and committed to quality.
- Instil a culture of quality in all business units wherein you participate.
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound judgment.
- Cope well in uncertainty.
- Strategic and big picture thinking.
- Is a team player and contributes to team success.
- Is able to build effective internal and customer relationships.
- Be able to leverage companies competencies across industries and clients.
Learning and growth
- Is curious – learning, sharing and innovating.
- Willingness to continually learn and develop skills across a multitude of core competencies.
- Approaches problem solving in a logical and structured manner with due consideration given to alternative solutions which may require the acquisition of new knowledge.
- Able to handle complex problems and apply appropriate judgement in evaluating solution inputs.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Relevant B degree in Information Systems / Computer Science or Engineering.
- Master’s Degree or higher or an advanced business degree would be preferable (e.g. MBA, Post Graduate Diploma in Management, Masters of Commerce, etc.)
- Enterprise architecture certification highly recommended.
- Formal project management certification recommended.
- ICT operations certification an advantage (e.g. ITIL).
- Formal business process improvement methodologies an advantage.
- Demonstrate deep experience in MES, MOM, Essential 8 and other smart factory technologies in relevant industries.
- Working knowledge of ERP, Automation and Control, IoT, AI, Robots/RPA, Drones, VR/AR, 3-D Printing, Block chain, Mobile, Social Media, Cloud architectures and Data & analytics.
- Working knowledge of relevant standards like ISA 95, IIC and IEC.
- 10 – 14 years relevant project and consulting experience.
- At least 4 years’ experience should be operational experience in client environment.
- At least 6 years’ experience should be in delivering technology solutions, managing clients and project teams.
- And 4-6 years’ formal sales and sales pipeline management experience.
A distinguished professional services organisations playing a significant role in the operation of the world’s capital markets by helping clients to solve complex business problems and simultaneously helping them to enhance their ability to improve performance, manage risk and build long-term value.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Associate Director – Ref: 1063790-4
To view our other job listings, click here