Sourcing an Assistant Shipchandler, fluent in English (French would be advantageous), to provide back-office administrative sales functions for an international company. Experience in shipchandling would be a plus, but is not a prerequisite. Knowledge of / experience in international trade and logistics will also be advantageous.
Requirements include: Proficiency in MS Office (especially Word and Excel) & ERP system; ability to work independently and meticulous attention to detail; ability to multitask and work well under pressure; organized, reactive, thorough and adaptable; excellent communication skills, interpretation and capacity for initiative
Primary purpose: Providing back-office administrative sales functions for international company
- Data entry of quotes in client online systems & internal ERP:
- review of supplier proposals including control units and conformity to client requirements,
- verification of the currency to be used,
- application of the tariffs selected,
- transmission of quotes to the manager,
- uploading to relevant systems for submission on approval,
- close communication with Commercial Manager of relevant proposal on anomalies & applications.
- Validation of client orders on receipt.
- Processing of orders to invoicing for suppliers & clients alike on ERP.
Location (country, city): Cape Town, Western Cape
Job Qualification & Experience:
Skills & competencies:
- Knowledge of international trade techniques.
- Language: fluent in English and French and advantage.
- IT competencies: Microsoft Office, especially Word and Excel. ERP system.
- Ability to work independently and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Organized, reactive, thorough and adaptable.
- Excellent communication skills, interpretation and capacity for initiative.
Educational background/work experience:
- International trade.
- Experience in logistics.
- Experience in shipchandling would be a plus.
This group of companies spans various industries including engineering projects, shipping, food supply, logistics as well as drone analytics and renewables.
They are contributing to a sustainable environment by renewably producing half of their own energy needs and actively supporting important pillars of society (hospitals, schools and associations, etc.)
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR
Assistant Shipchandler, Cape Town, Western Cape – Ref: 1204572-1
To view our other job listings, click here