Forming part of a listed group of companies with massive interests in the sugar, renewable energy as well as the property sectors, our client’s sugar milling operation benefits from high and reliable rainfall year-round and some of the most fertile soils in Kenya. Through ground breaking work and the use of technology, sustained progress is made in the out-grower environment, putting them ahead of the game and cementing the future of agriculture in Africa.
With both medium and long-term factory expansion and other capital projects, this position not only offers long-term stability, but also lots of room for personal growth and development both within the company and potentially also the larger group.
Type: Contract (2-3 year contract, negotiable and open to renewal)
Reports to: Factory Executive, newly promoted
Reporting, total staff compliment: +/- 25
- Ensure proper operation and condition of all electrical equipment
- Schedule, co-ordinate and execute the repairs and maintenance of all electrical equipment
- Ensure that spare parts are available and optimized
- Analyse root cause of breakdowns and take corrective actions
- Liaise with technical advisors, contractors, etc. when required
- Assist the Factory Executive in preparation and implementation of budget and Capex
- Identify and coordinate training needs
- Responsible for the health and safety of the E&I section
Location (country, city): Western Kenya
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum – a Diploma in E&I Engineering or related fields from a recognized institution
- Minimum – 5 years’ working experience in a similar field
- Knowledge of the Sugar Industry is an advantage
- Leadership and communication skills
- Computer literacy
- Fluent in English
Ideally located in Western Kenya, our client is a leading sugar milling operation that benefits from high and reliable rainfall year-round and some of the most fertile soils in Kenya. Through ground breaking work and the use of technology, sustained progress is made in the out-grower environment, putting them ahead of the game and cementing the future of agriculture in Africa.
Cane is 100% supplied by the out growers of the region and with a dedicated support team our client regularly interacts with the out-grower community to immediately address matters arising; these meetings have mutually enriched their relationship to help forge a close and transparent approach with the out growers. Planters’ relations provided include irrigation, fertilization, harvesting and transportation facilities. Several regional offices have been created to work closely with local farming communities in order to facilitate the out growers’ work and to secure the supply of cane to the factory. In addition, significant investments have been made in road infrastructure and maintenance in parallel with the factory’s expansion that has led to the region’s development, targeting access to water, healthcare, education and infrastructure improvements.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Assistant Factory Executive, Electrical & Instrumentation for Sugar Milling Company in Western Kenya – Ref: 1203051
Assistant Factory Executive
To view our other job listings, click here