Our client is a global, technology-driven supplier of high-quality products and services to the mining, mineral beneficiation and power generation industries, which caters for diverse requirements of most mineral beneficiation needs, with emphasis on maintaining close customer relationships and partnerships to ensure optimum solutions. Based in Johannesburg, with branches nationwide as well as further afield in Africa and Internationally, the Group has several comprehensively-equipped manufacturing facilities which produce specific product lines.
They are currently sourcing an Assistant Branch Manager for their Mpumalanga branch to support the overall management and control of the branch and it’s personnel; to nurture the profitable, efficient and safe operation of the branch whilst simultaneously monitoring and maintaining branch administration and ensuring customer sales and services honour commitments and deadlines.
The successful incumbent will hold a tertiary qualification in Engineering, at least 5 years of mining/process plant exposure and a proven track record of management experience.
Reports to: Branch Manager
Primary purpose: Responsible for the profitable, efficient and safe operation of the Branch, with full accountability for administration, customer sales and services and for overall management and control of Branch personnel.
Job description / core competencies:
- Monthly branch reports are prepared and distributed in time and branch strategy and targets are set and managed.
- Branch is structured for optimal operation and a profitable business plan is developed and executed.
- Market intelligence is obtained, analysed and marketing plan is developed and quotation turnaround time is managed.
- Set-up and execute a comprehensive business plan to ensure long-term sustainability and shareholders value.
- Customer lists are updated annually and relationships and networks with key stakeholders and influencers are established and maintained.
- All client requests are responded to in time and improvement areas/opportunities are identified and strategies implemented for value added opportunities.
- Inter-company collaboration and external collaboration with customers/stakeholders is maintained.
- FOC orders are controlled, sales budget is achieved and Inventory is managed as per business requirements.
- Contracts are managed and contract performance data is communicated and WIP and debtors are managed.
- Control of general branch expenditure and new business is developed as per strategy.
- Manpower capabilities for the department are planned, selected and developed and company HR and Disciplinary policy is adhered to.
- KRAs, monthly and annual targets and objectives are set and agreed and Training for staff is planned and succession plans are managed.
- SHEQ processes are managed as per company policy and in alignment with customer requirements.
- Incidents and innovations are logged on Sheqsys as they arise and compliance with relevant legal and statutory requirements is ensured.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Tertiary qualification in Mechanical or Metallurgical Engineering or trade qualification.
- Business Management would be an added advantage.
- At least 5 years process plant experience, including 5 years of management experience.
- Good technical/professional knowledge and skills, communication, sales ability/persuasiveness and ability to build a successful team.
- Good quality and safety orientation and customer focus.
- Ability to build strategic working relationships and align performance for success.
- Computer literacy (Ms Office suite and ERP system).
A global, technology-driven supplier of high-quality products and services to the mining, mineral beneficiation and power generation industries, which caters for diverse requirements of most mineral beneficiation needs, with emphasis on maintaining close customer relationships and partnerships to ensure optimum solutions. Based in Johannesburg, with branches nationwide as well as further afield in Africa and Internationally, the Group has several comprehensively-equipped manufacturing facilities which produce specific product lines.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Assistant Branch Manager, Middleburg (751 000 – 850 000, per annum) – Ref: 87489-18
Assistant Branch Manager
To view our other job listings, click here.