Reporting to the Infrastructure Manager, the Asset Management Specialist’s primary purpose will be to maintain the Operator’s assets and ensure that safety, quality and performance targets are achieved. To execute maintenance policy, standards and procedures and ensure reliable and safe equipment. To ensure seamless travel for our customers that is safe, reliable, comfortable and friendly.
Requirements: BTech or B.Sc. in Engineering (any field); at least 8 – 10 years’ relevant experience; Good technical knowledge and experience in building, civil, electrical and elector-mechanical maintenance; Safety Management; General technical knowledge; Fluent in English; Valid driver’s license.
Reports to: Infrastructure Manager
Work Context and Environment: Normal weekly hours; office based. Random night shift inspection will be required (probably 2 – 3)
Job description / core competencies:
- To manage assets administration through Maximo, Qlikview, PowerBI and other applicable maintenance management systems.
- To manage all communication systems e.g. radio, telephone, ticket office intercom etc.
- Review maintenance plans.
- Ensure system availability and condition to a standard of maximum operational efficiency and maintain standards of acceptable quality and service.
- Follow-up on technical objectives relating to quality and efficiency of maintenance activities.
- Achieve the quality and performance targets set for the Gautrain assets.
- Conduct investigations into safety & critical failures and ensure implementation of recommendations.
- Review maintenance methods in line with current methods that is in line with design or OMM documents. Ensure it is up to date in Maximo
- Thorough analysis of PMPs and submit recommendations to Non-core managers to ensure PMP’s are in line with design or OMM documents. Ensure effective implementation of Maintenance Plans.
- Review and understand CA requirements to check compliance with design and OMM’s/PMM’s.
- Review information on Maximo in line with Asset Manufacturing date, warranties, renewals, PMM records, etc.
- Lead asset handover by liaising with BCC and GMA, with assistance of Maintenance staff to ensure successful handover of new maintainable addition to the system.
- Conduct audits and analysis on obsolescence treatment and spares lists on Maximo.
- Daily follow-up on Asset Supervisor administration of maintenance work orders.
- Adhere to continuous improvement principles.
- Ensure minimum levels of Maximo downtime including timely and effective response to breakdowns. Liaise with BMC on system upgrades and downtime. Communicate downtime to Business timeously.
- Ensure all agreed routine plant checks and testing are carried out to the specified frequencies and in accordance with Plant Operating Instructions
- Ensure Maximo licence renewals is done timeously annually. Adhere to Maintenance Department monthly/quarterly/annual budget and report monthly on budget variances
- Conduct routine maintenance inspections and spot checks on contractors.
- Conduct routine safety inspections on the contractors.
- Abide to general housekeeping rules.
- Innovation in trend analysis of breakdown and provide maintenance staff with reports.
- Ensure sub-contractors comply with Occupational Health and Safety Acts and its Regulation, all applicable policies and procedure.
- Ensure regular inspections and audits are conducted.
- Ensuring all agreed routine plant checks and testing are carried out to the specified frequencies and in accordance with Plant Operating Instructions.
- Compile inspection/incident reports as and when requested from Superiors.
- Update monthly and annual asset report within the required deadline.
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by any of your Superiors.
Location (country, city): Midrand, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
- BTech or B.Sc. in Engineering (any field)
- At least 8 – 10 years’ relevant experience
- Good technical knowledge and experience in building, civil, electrical and elector-mechanical maintenance.
- Safety Management
- General technical knowledge
- Fluent in English
- Valid driver’s license
- Possess analytical and critical ability
- Ability to communicate with staff of all levels and participate as a team member
- Ability to adapt to the work environment
- Ability to supervise, control and adhere to agreed plan of action
- Negotiation, problem solving and decision-making abilities
- Possess self-drive and enthusiasm
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Asset Management Specialist, Midrand -Ref: 1211057-6
To view our other job listings, click here