A specialist in plastic injection moulding and manufacturing, tailored to the automotive industry, is hiring due to expansion! They require an Assembly Supervisor to administer the manufacturing discipline in the Assembly department to ensure timing and quality performance.
Minimum requirements include Matric, a National Diploma in Production/Operations Management, 5+ years in a production and manufacturing environment as well as sound knowledge of the Kanban system and injection moulding.
Reports to: Production Manager
Primary purpose: To administer the manufacturing discipline in the Assembly department to ensure timing and quality performance.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Hold daily MDWT meetings with team members.
- Ensure machine checks are done as per check sheet at start of shift.
- Ensure 5s activities are carried out in your working areas.
- Check that PCB is accurately filled in each hour from counter and that targets are met.
- Ensure to fill in scrap sheet when scrap is made.
- Check that employees follow standardised work process.
- Check that quality checks are done at agreed times.
- Perform duties for employees while absent from their working place.
- Ensure that the production plan and Kanban instruction is followed.
- Ensure that the correct dunnage is used and taken to and from the line on time.
- Assist with tool changes and set ups when required.
- Collect and hand in your completed PCS & scrap sheet to your Production Manager at end of shift.
- Complete the shift hand over.
- Carry out problem escalation procedure when M/C or tool problem occur.
- Controlling and monitoring of absenteeism.
- Scheduling and maintaining machine maintenance and cleanliness.
- Ensuring that the target of 90% efficiency is achieved daily.
- Maintaining the company SOP and discipline code of conduct.
- Chairing of grievances and hearings.
- Ensuring all subordinates are working to their appointed roles and KPI’s.
- Driving subordinates and team to achieve continuous improvements and problem solving.
Location: Pretoria, Gauteng
Job Qualification & Experience:
Minimum Qualification and Experience:
- National Diploma in Production/Operations Management
- 5 Years production and manufacturing environment
- Sound knowledge of the Kanban system and injection Moulding experience are essential
- Leadership skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to motivate self and other
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Assembly Supervisor (Automotive Plastic Injection Moulding) – Pretoria – Ref: 1211624-4
To view our other job listings, click here