Having been in operation for almost a century our client has grown from a local refiner to a globally recognised precious metals leader that received global accreditation and international referee status.
They enjoy exceptional, long-term loyalty from their people – their family; all with outstanding talent and immense experience.
We are currently sourcing an Assay Process Coordinator to join the team, to manage the laboratory assay section so as to ensure that the execution of production targets are in line with customer and budgetary requirements and in compliance to SHEQ standards. The ideal incumbent will hold a B.Tech degree in Analytical Chemistry and have 5 years of experience in managing an assay section; thorough knowledge of analytical processes and techniques (chemical process and metallurgy), hazard identification, laboratory procedures and related equipment.
Primary purpose: The purpose of this position is to manage the laboratory assay section to ensure execution of production targets in line with customer and budgetary requirements and in compliance to SHEQ standards.
- Ensure that production targets are met on a daily basis according to the specified goals.
- Ensure that associates met the required turnaround times as per specific sample types.
- Ensure that associates meet the required quality control confidence level of >95%.
- Reporting of results – smelter and bullion incoming material.
- Report according to the set criteria before approval from senior management.
- Generate accurate reports and maintain the integrity of the batch numbers of all samples with due consideration of certificates, report and production feedback.
BUYING AND SPENDING CONTROL:
- Ensure that the correct consumables are ordered timeously for laboratory analysis.
- Continuous supply, correct chemicals, ordering records.
- Ensure no downtime due to stock or consumables.
- Ensure full compliance at all times with all SHE procedures with particular adherence to risk mitigation of hazards and risks. This compliance is measured by SHEQ audits, risk register and feedback from the SHEQ department.
- Ensure full compliance with all quality standards at all times.
- Ensure that all health and safety rules are met and act pro-actively by addressing any safety concerns which may be harmful to self or other employees.
- Participate in formal SHEQ Audits.
- Constantly perform on the job training for subordinates and monitor and coach them to reduce competency gaps.
- Manage laboratory technicians in order to meet operational targets and objectives.
- Manage associates time and attendance.
- Ensure that discipline is maintained within the laboratory.
- Ensure that no metals are lost during the analysis process and that all metals are accounted for.
- Ensure process order efficiency and completion of all SAP (ERP) transactions.
- Ensure that all laboratory equipment is maintained in working order, alerting suppliers to faults, arranging repairs and maintaining service contracts. Minimal downtime of equipment and manager and staff feedback.
- Communicate performance against accurate production targets.
- Provides timeous and accurate reporting of results.
Location (country, city): Johannesburg, South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Preference will be given to a candidate that is possession of a completed matric qualification and tertiary qualification BTech degree in Analytical Chemistry.
- Proficient computer skills – intermediate Excel, Word, SAP.
- Communication skills – able to communicate technical data in an understandable manner.
- Good verbal and written communication skills – able to translate procedural instructions into documentation.
- Organisational and planning skills – able to organise laboratory section to ensure timeous results.
- Statistical and numerical acumen for stock control and assay reporting – able to work with detailed numerical data.
- Problem identification and solving ability – identify and offer solutions.
- Variable and deviations identification – able to interpret and explain variances and deviations.
- People management skills – lead a team of technically skilled associates and motivate them effectively.
- Preference will be given to candidates with 5 years of experience in managing an assay section.
- Knowledge of chemical process and metallurgy – a thorough knowledge of analytical processes.
- SHEQ knowledge – a thorough understanding and application of SHEQ principles.
- Analytical techniques – know and interpret assay results correctly.
- Hazard identification – hazard awareness and identification.
- Laboratory procedures – working knowledge of all of laboratory operations.
- Equipment knowledge – working knowledge of laboratory equipment.
Having been in operation for almost a century our client has grown from a local refiner to a globally recognised precious metals leader. They received global accreditation and international referee status.
They enjoy exceptional long-term loyalty from their people – their family; all with outstanding talent and immense experience.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Assay Process Coordinator , Johannesburg – Ref: 634872-38
Assay Process Coordinator
To view our other job listings, click here