Our client is a recognized global leader; a South African distributor of Global Premium Brands (new and used equipment) in the Agriculture, Mineral Processing, Earth Moving and Materials Handling Industries offering multiple career advancement opportunities.
They currently have a vacancy for an Area Sales Manager. The purpose of this role is to optimise sales within the allocated area of responsibility in a sustainable and profitable manner.
The successful candidate will have 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Administration of sales processes and customer information
- Market segmentation and target group identification (database upkeep)
- Continuous prospecting and sales reporting
- Mechanization planning and customer solution packaging
- Working together and communicating with other departments within Handling
- Selling of new products to new customers based on high level targets and budgets
- Follow up on existing customers and ensure business retention
- Create value for customers through continuous market research and development
- Take responsibility for revenue targets and manage profit and losses to the company
- Take ownership of customers problems and resolve issues through support processes
- Provide supporting quotations and all required supporting documents to Sales Coordinators
- Act as a customer process liaison
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum Matric
- Post matric qualifications would be advantageous
- 3-5 years’ experience
- Must be self-motivated and able to work largely unmanaged
- Strong ability to enter new customer markets
- Ability to acquire new accounts
- Ability to build professional relationships with key customers
- Ability to work under immense pressure
- Ability to think clearly in conflict situations
- Must be reliable, honest and show integrity
- Valid driver’s license
- Computer Literate
South African Distributor of Global Premium Brands in the Agriculture, Mineral Processing, Earthmoving, Materials Handling Industries.
An ability to develop and grow businesses in multiple geographies including challenging territories with high growth prospects. Committed to sustainable development and playing a leading role in empowerment and transformation. The company has operations globally.
Their success is based on inspired, aligned, empowered, results-driven, globally competitive, passionate people who create value through strategic innovation and continuous improvement. Their customers are more successful with them than with their competitors. Working for a global leader creates endless career opportunities for you.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partners: Engineer Placements and MCHIR.