A leading, industrial IoT company, based in the picturesque Somerset West, developing AI-Augmented solutions. Well-reputed for signal processing, enterprise-level software engineering, and deep domain expertise they design and develop technologies that solve problems, and add value, to key global industries.
Their client base spans multiple continents including, but not limited to, Africa, Australasia and South America. They boast a very dynamic and highly qualified team, passionate about their respective fields.
They do not micromanage, they look after their employees, and they are experiencing continued growth. This is the perfect time to join their team and to make your expertise count by changing lives for the better.
As they are expanding, they are looking to appoint an Application Support Engineer to assist with software commissioning of company products that are used to monitor mining processes and to ensure high uptime by continuously monitoring the installed sensors.
Key requirements: 2-4 years’ experience in either Deskside, Server or Application Support; strong Linux experience; working knowledge of SQL Databases and SQL Queries; scripting knowledge: Python, Bash, PowerShell; understanding of networking and switching; comfortable reading/editing XML and Json configuration files; comfortable utilising Git; knowledge of Azure IoT environments and Docker containers as well as understanding OPC communication and setup thereof.
Duties will include:
- Support clients in solving issues.
- Server support and troubleshooting.
- Software testing.
- Collect server and application statistics for weekly reports.
- Calibrate/configure software installed on site.
- Monitor servers and sensors deployed in the field on an ongoing basis.
- Commission servers/software via Ansible, Azure IoT, and Git.
- Create, support and commission documentation when needed.
Responsibilities will include:
- Ensure all servers and applications assigned are running without error.
- Inform responsible development team if issues are detected in software that hinders clients’ operations due to code issues.
- Ensure clients are happy with resolution of the issue and keep the client in the loop when addressing the issue assigned.
- Liaise with internal & client IT department regarding infrastructure architecture planning and maintenance.
Location (country, city): Somerset West, Western Cape
Job Qualification & Experience:
- 2-4 years’ experience in either Deskside, Server or Application Support.
- Fluent in English (reading, speaking, and writing).
- Communication and people skills: Willing and able to talk to clients on a regular basis, understanding their needs and troubleshooting technical issues.
- Windows and Linux experience (with a strong focus on Linux).
- Must be an ambassador for the company when dealing with clients.
- Willing to take initiative and ownership of responsibilities.
- Willing to work in a team-based environment.
- Working knowledge of SQL Databases and SQL Queries.
- Able to learn and master employer-specific software for support purposes.
- Complex problem-solving skills: ask customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem and fix the problem.
- Able to diagnose and address application issues, also escalate for resolution when needed.
- Accept responsibility to finish an assigned task with great care and quality.
- Ability to learn quickly.
- Scripting knowledge: Python, Bash, PowerShell.
- Understanding of networking and switching.
- Be comfortable reading/editing XML and Json configuration files.
- Be comfortable utilising Git.
- Knowledge of Azure IoT environments and Docker containers advantageous.
- Understanding OPC communication and setup thereof would be an advantage.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Application Support Engineer – Somerset West, Western Cape – Ref: 1208469-5
Application Support Engineer
To view our other job listings, click here