Our client operates globally, in over 170 countries, and offers access to the best technology and global support. They are sourcing an Account Manager to be based in Secunda; self-reliant individual capable of managing their current customer base in Secunda and Sasolburg whilst simultaneously identifying new opportunities and growing the business. You will be part of a dynamic team, managing the day-to-day requirements of each account. You will manage and build relationships with ground level Engineers and with high level management, stakeholders and decision makers.
The ideal incumbent will hold a tertiary qualification in Chemical Engineering/Chemistry and have at least 5 years of experience; experience in refineries, chemical industry processes CPI and RFM and/or water treatment.
Type: Permanent, plant based.
Reports to: Area Manager, Gauteng
Reporting, total staff compliment: 5
Job titles of direct reports: Application Engineers, young Chemical Engineering Graduates and District Sales Reps.
Key external relationships: Will work directly with high level customers in Secunda and Sasolburg.
Primary purpose: Manage current business and grow business. Field Work 60%. Strategy / Management 20%. High level customer interaction 20%.
- Mostly Sasolburg and Secunda area. Max driving away to Sasolburg one night.
- Maximum time away from home (e.g. for training) one week.
- Travel both domestic and international may be required.
Job description / core competencies:
- Responsible for conducting sales campaigns, account transfers, field tests and ensuring customer business reviews are completed for the growth of district sales.
- Provides customers with sales and service experience and expert application techniques to ensure customer satisfaction and promote district growth.
- Recommends equipment and chemical dosage changes and develops new product applications.
- Accompanies District Representatives on sales calls.
- Reviews District Representatives’ sales presentation and technical application skills and provides training in the use of effective sales techniques, through courses such as Versatile Salesperson and Counsellor Salesperson. Also, advises on the achievement of predetermined sales.
- Plans strategies to ensure error free work by “doing it right the first time” and conveys this attitude in the daily performance of various duties.
- Trains, develops and motivates District Representatives in target account management within the assigned area.
- Calls on national accounts within an assigned area and coordinates sales efforts between various sales districts and groups.
- Supports and is committed to the company’s quality improvement process.
- Manage and build relationships with ground level Engineers and with high level management, stakeholders and decision makers.
- Must have sales experience and be customer-focused with tenacity to deal with demanding customers.
- Must be service-orientated and be able to perform above and beyond the call of duty.
- Must be able to transition from working with a service provider and to offer a service to the service provider.
- Must have strong mentality at adjusting to work with difficult customers and management.
- Must be creative and generally know how to deal with difficult technical situations.
- Must have a drivers licence, vehicle will be provided.
Country: South Africa
Job Qualification & Experience:
- Chemical Engineering degree and 5 to 10 years of experience OR B.Tech and 10 to 15 years of experience.
- Experience in Refinery, Water Treatment and/or Chemical industry processes CPI and RFM.
- Technical skills.
- Customer relationships.
- Networking across the company to bring best technology.
Through onsite problem solving and innovative technologies, our client tackles energy challenges, enables and enhances productivity and reduces operating costs in the oil and gas value chain. They are a trusted partner at three million customer locations across 171 countries, which is in keeping with their strive to be the global leader in water, hygiene and energy technologies and services.
This advert is being advertised in collaboration with our recruitment partner MCHIR.
Account Manager, Plant Based – Secunda – Ref: 1084938-2
To view our other job listings, click here