Ref: 1188012Nationality: South African
Highest Formal Qualification: BSc,
Other Formal Qualification: MAQS, RICS, CIOB
Total years experience: 30 Years
Quick notification of renowned and respected Retired Executive Director in the South African Construction Industry seeks a position as a Non-Executive Director (NED). Established the Group Five Building and Housing Division in Africa and was responsible for opening of numerous strategic country offices in North, West and East Africa. At the age of 39 he was promoted to Managing Director of Goldstein Building and grew the turnover from R93 million to R2,3 billion, likewise he grew the Group 5 Building and Housing Construction cluster to a R5 Bn operation. Managed a structure with a staff compliment of 5000 to 6000 employees.
Current / most recent job title?
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
Provided EXCO Leadership and strategic direction to all of the operating companies within the group. Responsible for group HR Function. Reported to Main Board.
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
A legally compliant and fully operational company that has the vision and passion to succeed and that is open to possible change and innovation where necessary.
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
Energetic by nature with a passion for training and development as well as coaching and mentoring.
4. Ideal business title:
5. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position:
- Strategic analysis and input into business planning
- Risk analysis
- Tender strategy, input, negotiation and finalization
- Deal closure
- Project assessment, performance and delivery
- Networking and work procurement
- Analysing, assessing and providing input into company business policies and procedures
- Staff assessment and structuring
- Coaching and mentoring
6. Skill area of competence:
Well versed in the starting up of new businesses and providing strategic direction, and the implementation thereof. Leading management processes from risk assessment at inception through to ultimately project delivery.
7. Career summary:
36 years of experience in the construction industry in all aspects of the operational and commercial functions. With considerable exposure to EPC contracting besides the more conventional forms of contracting.
- Grew Goldstein Building from R93m to a R2.3 Bn company.
- Likewise grew the Group 5 Building and Housing Construction cluster to a R5 Bn operation.
- Managed a structure with a staff compliment of 5000 to 6000 employees.
- Appointed by Minister Jeff Hadebe to the Government Inter Ministerial Task Team and was responsible for designing and implementing the registrar of Contractors in the SA Construction Industry.
- Established the Group Five Building and Housing Division in Africa and was responsible for opening of numerous strategic country offices in North, West and East Africa.
Delivered numerous successful projects in Africa the highlight of which was the USD 400 000 Reserve band in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
- During the 2010 Soccer World Cup Infrastructure Build was responsible for : Chairman of the Joint Venture that constructed the King Shaka International Airport in Durban. The construction of the Moses Madiba Stadium in Durban and the Greenpoint Stadium in Cape Town.
- Responsible for and built a business in the MENA area in the Middle East operating in Dubai, Abu Shabi, Jordaan, Quatar and Saudi Arabia.
9. What do you absolutely love doing?
I was extremely fortunate in my career in having the privilege of being coached and mentored by whom I regarded as being some of the best business leaders at that time. Likewise I would thoroughly enjoy the opportunity if being able to contribute back into business leadership for the next generation.
10. Ideal company (culture and values):
Open to challenges and growth
Caring that sees their staff as their most important asset. Strong team attitude and approach.
If you are starting up a new business, or you need some (& implementation thereof) why not, appoint a Non-Executive Director (NED) to your board, do get in touch. Click to email our Agent or call us on this number: Cell: 0836537750 or Head Office – Gauteng, SA. + 27 10 597 0862.
Searchable spreadsheet of candidates: #engineering_candidates http://bit.ly/CarynVPs
All available positions #job_search http://bit.ly/CarynJA
Register as a #technical_candidate http://bit.ly/CarynInc
Enshrine Placements your Technical and Engineering Recruitment Partner in Africa.