Ref: 1190849Nationality: Zimbabwean with Permanent Residence RSA ID
Highest Formal Qualification: Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management (SA); National Certificate in Machine Shop Engineering (Zimbabwe); Skilled Worker Qualification Class 1 in Fitting (including Machining) (Zimbabwe)
Annual Package Range: South African Rand (ZAR) 451 000 - 550 000
Total years experience: 16-20 Years
Motivation of suitability:
As a technical buyer, I am instrumental in building relationships, communicating and negotiating with suppliers, ensuring quality purchase orders, initiating and implementing initiatives to achieve substantial cost reductions. This is achieved utilising both TQM principles and project management skills, tools and techniques. Involved in both tactical and strategic purchasing in accordance with procurement policies for contracts and non-contracts.
In maintenance planning: work order planning and work scheduling, identifying benchmarks for reliability and safety; communicating with stakeholders; assigning tasks; maintaining and overseeing invoices; writing ongoing work orders; ordering-parts, supplies, materials and inventory for maintenance tasks can proceed; participate in safety and health programs; working together with maintenance manager to build reliable maintenance systems, develop strategies for preventive & predictive maintenance systems.
In every role I have been employed, I have distinguished myself by being a valued asset that is open to learning, and developing in my career.
Current / most recent job title?
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
Procurement of goods, supplies and services for the steel making business to the best TCO
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
Placing Purchase Orders
Negotiation with suppliers in terms of Inconterms, payment terms, Lead time and price
Ensuring that the Purchase Orders are placed to the best TCO for the organisation.
Cost anaylsis and reductions and savings
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
A detail-oriented, critical thinker and fact-finding person that have a natural instinct to carry out research in order to come up with value-adding initiatives and to collaborate (both horizontally and vertically) in order to achieve the organisational goals.
4. Ideal business title:
5. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position:
- Procurement of goods and services for the project team working on design of novelty products and services to enhance the transformation of the world.
- Negotiation with key stakeholders and suppliers.
- Lead a team of cross functional project and process team involved in a project.
- Assisting (collaboratively) in the improvement of the current policies and regulations in line with statutory requirements and international best practices.
6. Skill area of competence:
Project Management, Maintenance planning
7. Career summary:
17 years Steel making.
In the Technical Buyer role I have been able to remove the backlog of the purchase requisition linked to my purchase group from over 150 on appointment to the current ones. Been able to work collaboratively with the operations team during the Blast furnace outage in August 2020 to ensure that Purchase order are processed timely without delay for the repair work.
- Initiated the updating of the Master Data in SAP – functional locations, criticality assessment (ABC indicators), planner groups, cost centres for the By Products plant together with the Maintenance Specialist. This resulted in a 75% increase in correct allocation of costs and 50% decrease in optimised maintenance plans (job cards).
- Successfully optimised the planned maintenance work orders (job cards) by revising the maintenance plans resulting in a 50% decrease.
- Leading a planning team that launched the SAP sub-store system. The sub-store system led to all spares being visible to everyone in the organisation, allow stock movement between sub-stores and reduced stock taking time by 75%.
- Increased MTBF & MTTR for the guide car machines significantly after taking ownership.
- Reduced the purchase requisition backlogs by 65% on my commodities and plants.
9. What do you absolutely love doing?
Researching more on initiatives
Exploring the workplace for improvement opportunities.
Collaborating with team members from diverse disciplines and cultural backgrounds.
10. Ideal company (culture and values):
A company that values team-work, gives employees a chance to take risks (within defined limits)and contribute with new ideas, open to the use of AI and gives employees chance to grow in terms of furthering their skills and education.
If you are looking for a results-driven, critical thinker and detail-oriented technical buyer experienced in buying of parts, supplies, material and services, maintenance planning and maintenance fitting who is proficient in SAP MM & PM and MS Office Suite and a holder of a Post Graduate Diploma in Project Management, then do get in touch. Click to email our Agent or call us: Head Office – Gauteng, SA. + 27 10 597 0862.
Searchable spreadsheet of candidates: #engineering_candidates http://bit.ly/DeedreVPs
All available positions #job_search http://bit.ly/DeedreJA
Register as a #technical_candidate http://bit.ly/DeedreInc
Enshrine Placements your Technical and Engineering Recruitment Partner in Africa.