Ref: 1027487Nationality: South African
Highest Formal Qualification: Honours
Other Formal Qualification: B.Tech Management
Professional Registration: Automotive, Plastics, FMCG, Chemicals, Blow Moulding and Packaging sectors.
Annual Package Range: R 851 000 - 950 000
Total years experience: 15 Years
Current/recent job title: SHEQ Manager
A proactive, multiple award-winning Management Professional with over 15 years of SHEQ Management and lean manufacturing experience at senior level seeks a challenging Executive Management Opportunity.
Experienced in: Automotive, Plastics, FMCG, Chemicals, Blow Moulding and Packaging sectors.
Annual package range: R 851 000 – 950 000.
Nationality: South African
Qualifications: B.Tech Management, Durban University of Technology.
Advanced Total Quality Management (Cum Laude) Unisa and MBA in progress.
Solid knowledge of the operational, logistical and managerial aspects of SHERQ in large organizations, with significant experience in delivering best practice SHERQ initiatives within the petrochemical, automotive (OEM) and packaging industries. Skilled in developing SHERQ strategy and solutions and experienced in sustaining systems such as ISO 9001 (Lead Auditor), TS16949, VDA 6.3, and ISO 22000 / TS 22004. Strong managerial abilities resulted in consistent nomination as a leader of forums and managerial tasks. Focused on quality control and customer service, ensuring the production of quality products within deadlines.
Please see some bullet points listed below.
- Looking to change lanes into a position of this nature, confident that it will be successful.
- I have vast experience in this industry ( pharmaceutical, home care, personal care, petrochemical, pharmaceutical for an international brand ), currently servicing the likes of Unilver, Aspen, Johnson BP Petroloem, Petronas, Total, VW, Toyota and many more. We have worked with EXXON Mobile. These customer’s drive the toughest bargaining power which has proved to be very useful and we have had much success.
- I have international project experience in Europe. I have always been customer liaison and co-coordinator.
- I have built systems in Africa.
- Won many awards for Leadership – managing people and projects with my strongest points. I love new challenges, change and creativity.
- I have vast experience with direct dealings with customers.
- Drawing up and complying with budgets is a must.
- I have been in charge of significant operations from time to time.
- Been in a management role for years.
- I have strong negotiation skills and infectious influence especially in high end pressure situations. I have had my stress inoculation injections.
- I can guarantee results, I have the skill sets you require.
- Heavily involved in product development and product life cycles.
Candidate location: South Africa
Home & other languages: English, IsiZulu
Designation: Business Improvement Manager
Highest qualification type: d. Honours
University: Durban University of Technology
Company size: ‘1001 – 5000
Division: Quality Control / Quality Assurance / Inspection
Seniority level: Regional / Country / Area / General / Project Manager / Department Head
Highest Formal Qualification: Many
University in another country: mancosa – mba
Current / most recent job title? SHEQ Manager
Primary purpose of current/most recent position: Risk Management / Continous Improvement / Technical / Engineering / Human Capital Management / Handling budgets / Safety, Health, Environemental & Quality Management.
Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose: Management commitment and focus. Complinace from all levels within the organisation.
Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions: A person who’s nature is based on facts and figures. Someone who makes sure that we save the world. Sparks creativity and leads from the front. Able to connect with all parties and skilled with personal relationships with customers.
Ideal business title: CEO
Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position: Compliance to International Standards. Ensure all business risks are eliminated / mitigated. Human Capital Management. Handling budgets.
Skill area of competence: General Management, Technical / Engineering, Project Management, Human Capital Management, Safety, Health, Environmental & Quality Management. Customer liason.
Career summary: 15 years – Automotive / OEM / Petrochemical 1 – Personal Care / Pharmaceutical
Where would you like to be in your career in the next 5 to 10 years, what would you like to have achieved? Be a CEO Achievements: Rescued an international project which was going to fail worth millions. Have received many personal awards for merits of achievement and going the extra mile.
Strengths: Human Capital Management, strategy vision and problem solving Meetings projects and deadlines on time and in full
Weaknesses: Tolerance too much perfectionist and set to high standards for others.
What do you absolutely love doing? Leading / Mentoring people. Technical functions / SHEQ.
Ideal company (culture and values): Company that is creative and compliant. Shoud encourage teamwork and harmony.
Motivation to move (please select): Career growth
Location Preference: I am open to positions internationally.
Or download our full Enshrine Candidate Portfolio of Excellence containing over 6500 Engineering and Technical candidates across multiple industries, including Mining, Chemicals (including Petrochemicals and Pharmaceuticals), Energy (Power Generation and Renewables) and many more.
Our Enshrine Candidate Portfolio of Excellence provides an easy-to-search platform, allowing you to easily identify candidates based on the search criteria such as Country, Designation, Qualification level and Discipline, Years of experience and Demographics.
In addition, it provides valuable word-of-mouth information for your retention strategies, industry benchmarking, future cross-border placements, performance measurements and salary reviews even if you are not currently recruiting.