Ref: 390249Nationality: South African
Highest Formal Qualification: Higher National Diploma
Other Formal Qualification: ND: Mechanical Engineering (T4) Technikon Witwatersrand
Annual Package Range: ZAR 1.15 mil - 1.3 mil, per annum
Total years experience: 20 Years
7 insights about our Project Manager seeking a position as Project / Developmental Manager. Ref: 390249
Our candidate that we are showcasing today is currently a Project Manager managing the sustainability of Projects. Ideal position and future responsibilities: Project Manager, Development Manager (Mechanical Engineer); management of teams (internal and external); formulating solutions to problems and challenges; utilising the solutions to complete the specific task/project; reporting /sharing the project and knowledge base; successful completion & accountability.
Achievements: Oil & Gas: Completed a secondary produced water injection site at the CPF (Central Processing Facility). If the primary site failed, the water could be re-injected to the second well pad. The water storage capacity within the plant tanks is two days only, thereafter the plant would need to be shut down since the water cannot be dumped due to environmental constraints. The plant is the only source of Gas for South Africa and the loss in production would be Millions of USD ($). Diamond Manufacturing: Implemented an automatic robotic and hyper-spectral camera system to identify, discriminate, select and sort 0.3mm Kimberlitic indicator minerals. The machine could run 24/7 without supervision. Ordinarily this function was performed by many Geologists and Metallurgists with around a 3 month delay to exploration due to work volume. Manufacturing Automotive Die Casting: Re-costed the company’s product base and found around 40% of parts were produced at a loss. The cost was updated and, where not mutually agreed with the customer, the parts were discontinued.
1. Ideal company (culture and values): Worked in both corporate and manufacturing companies. Prefers a company with a sound structure, a good value system & mandate and clear cut goals & objectives.
2. Skill area of competence: Project management & PM principles, Lead Mechanical Engineer, management of multidisciplinary teams, EPC/M, oil & gas, downstream diamond winning products, commissioning, planning monitoring & control, budget cost control, phase gate preparation & sign off, research & development (products / processes), manufacturing, machining, injection molding, casting HP, LP, sand, forging, fabrication, metallurgy/ process engineering, A/QC, industrialisation of products & facilities, robotics, industrial engineering, hydrocarbon. Well-versed with the NEC, FIDIC and framework type contracts.
3. Career summary: 13 years R&D (Mining), 13 years manufacturing, 6 years armaments (R&D /industrialisation).
4. Nationality: South African.
5. Qualifications/Affiliations/ Prof Registrations: Higher National Diploma, Mechanical Engineering & Apprentice Machinist Turner.
6. Annual package range Total Fixed Cost of Employment (TFCE): ZAR 1.15 mil – 1.3 mil, per annum.
7. Location Preference: Open to positions both nationally (South Africa) and internationally.
Candidate location: South Africa
Home & other languages: English, Afrikaans
Designation: Project Manager
Highest qualification type: Higher National Diploma
University: University of the Witwatersrand
Company size: ‘10001 +
Division: General and Operations Management
Seniority level: Technologist – Lead / Senior / Principal / Chief
Nationality: South African
Highest Formal Qualification: ND: Mechanical Engineering (T4) Technikon Witwatersrand
Current / most recent job title? Project Manager
Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
– I managed mainly sustainability Projects for the CPF (Central Processing Facility)at Temane in Mozambique,including the Temane and Panda gas supply fields and pipelines – I also managed the Preparation, compilation,adjudications and Gap analysis and Audits of Philosophies and Studies performed by 4 Framework Contractors based in London for the CPF – Managed EIA (environmental impact assessments)in the area of operation and future drilling campaigns – Initiated the PM effort for 2D and 3D Seismic
Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
– Complete and signed off Phase Gate documentation, Typically Opportunity definition, Asset Reference Plan, budget, economics – PeP; Project Scope, Risk Management plan and Analysis; Schedule; Roadmap; Governance and Assurance,Basis of Design,Development Plan,Stakeholder Management plan, EMP,She plan, etc – Steering Committee – Document Control – Contract Management – Cost control – Finance – Environmental – SHE
Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
I have a solid background in a variety of field and disciplines due to the years of experience. I am generally a quiet, yet outspoken man that strives to encourage harmony in the team and huge on ethics and good interpersonal relationships. I am however results and self driven which is general the PM;s primary function
Ideal business title:
Project Manager Development Manager Mechanical Engineer I am also extremely open to new ventures where I can be of benefit to the the Company.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position:
– Management of teams / internal and external – Formulating solutions to problems and challenges – Utilizing the solutions to complete the specific task/project – Reporting /sharing the project and knowledge base. – Successful completion – Accountability
Skill area of competence:
– Project Management and PM principles – Lead / Mechanical Engineer – Management of Multidisciplinary teams / disciplines – EPC/m – Oil and Gas – Downstream diamond winning products – Commissioning – Planning monitoring and control – Budget cost Control – Phase Gate preparation and sign off – Research & Development of products / processes – Manufacturing (Machining, injection molding, casting HP, LP, sand,forging, fabrication, metallurgy,QA/QC, fabrication,etc – Industrialisation of products & facilities – Robotics – Process Engineering – Industrial Engineering – Hydrocarbon
Petrochemical – 4.5 yrs R&D (Mining)- 13 years Manufacturing – My full work career Armaments (R&D /industrialisation) 6 years
– Mining – completed a secondary Produced Water injection site at the CPF Temane against much resistance from management. In the event the primary site failed the water could be re injected to the second well pad. The water storage capacity with in the plant tanks is two days only. There after since the water cannot be dumped due to environmental constraints the plant would need to be shut down. The plant is the only source of Gas for South Africa and the lose in production would be Millions of USD ($)
– Diamond manufacturing – implemented an automatic Robotic and hyper-spectral camera system to identify, discriminate, select, and sort 0.3mm Kimberlitic indicator minerals.The machine could run 24/7 without supervision. Ordinarily this function was performed by many Geologists and Metallurgists with around a 3 month delay to exploration due to work volume.
– Manufacturing Automotive Die Casting – re costed the companies product base and found around 40% of parts were produced at a loss. The cost were update and where not mutually agreed with the customer the parts were discontinued.
What do you absolutely love doing?
– The interaction and camaraderie with a happy effective project team. – when appropriate reflectin and feeling proud and satisfied of an accomplishment / milestone achieved. – Getting buy-in with my ideas and proposed direction. – Being able to praise a team or individual on a achievement. – Traveling overseas when required
Ideal company (culture and values):
I have worked in Corporate and Manufacturing Companies. I prefer a company with a sound structure, a good value system and mandate, and clear cut goals and objectives.
Where would you like to be in your career in the next 5 to 10 years, what would you like to have achieved?
In a secure stable position, albeit permanent or contract. I would not be adverse to try other positions depending whether they interest me and are sustainable
What are your strengths?
I am experienced in a variety of fields and am able to close out multidisciplinary projects and phases. I am self disciplined, motivated resolute, courteous,and instill integrity and respect in the teams. I ensure resourceful are empowered to deliver their expertise
What are your weaknesses (e.g. most important blind spots / developmental needs identified)?
Generally I am a reasonable quiet man, and not necessarily a overzealous socialiser or function attender. I can be reasonable direct but absolutely professional and at times be silently impatient with myself and others. Not found of loud office staff.
Motivation to move (please select): End of contract
Location Preference: I am open to positions both nationally and internationally.
To be notified of talent in your industry get in touch via this link, or email us on email@example.com, or call us on this number: Cell: 071 598 1633 or Head Office – Gauteng, SA. + 27 11 083 9301, we’d love to help you. To register as a candidate with us click here.
You may be interested in viewing our latest Engineering and Technical searchable spreadsheet Enshrine Candidate Portfolio of Excellence across multiple industries, including Mining, Chemicals (including Petrochemicals and Pharmaceuticals), Energy (Power Generation and Renewables) and many more which can be downloaded here. Our Enshrine Candidate Portfolio of Excellence provides an easy-to-search platform, allowing you to easily identify candidates based on the search criteria such as Country, Designation, Qualification level and Discipline, Years of Experience and Demographics.
In addition, it provides valuable word-of-mouth information for your retention strategies, industry benchmarking, future cross-border placements, performance measurements and salary reviews even if you are not currently recruiting.
Enshrine Placements your Technical and Engineering Recruitment Partner in Africa.
Partner of Global Executive Search Organisation ENEX Worldwide Reach, Local Expertise, True Engagement www.enex-search-hr.com