Ref: 760116Nationality: South African
Highest Formal Qualification: National Diploma: Logistics
Total years experience: 20 Years
Current/recent job title: Operations Manager: Procurement
11 insights about our Procurement Manager available for exploratory interviews. Ref: 760116
Our candidate that we are showcasing today is a Procurement Manager seeking to add value to future employees with Strategic Procurement & Sourcing; Procurement Data analysis; Setting up Procurement Measures (savings, supplier performance etc.); Supplier negotiation; Tenders and contract management;
- Recovered lost income of -/+ R245 000.00 through negotiation / increased profitability through effective supplier negotiations and grew gross profit from / highest GP across all the stores in KZN, achieved through effective pre-increase stock buy-in’s.
- Reduced stock shrinkage from +/- R2m to under R250k in one year, through implementing new processes and procedures to ensure better security in the stores.
- Negotiated contracts for major commodities like steel, cement, steel pipes, prefabricated building for camps, etc. which included a contract for the steel required for the project that amounted to +/-R76m with a saving of 20% amounting to +/- R21m.
- Compiled buying enquiries and managed the subsequent tender process from RFQ to final contract / purchase order by using the TCO model for bid adjudication (a +/-5% savings from tenders was realised amounting to +/-R170,000.00), overall savings recorded in the last financial year was +/- R400,000.00 based on controlled spend of +/- R8m (tenders + adhoc).
- Purchasing new vehicles as per company policy, including negotiating best deal using TCO model (average of 40 vehicles replaced per year, negotiated discount from 7% to 10% resulting in +/-R300,000.00 saving per annum).
- Vehicle tracking system project was completed within budget and time deadline, after the first six months a fuel saving of 6% was recorded (+/-R48,000.00 per month).
- Sourcing alternate supplier for optic lenses for seeker heads for missile project resulting in a savings of +/- 42% / savings recorded of 6.31% achieved for the period of 17 months.
- Contribution Compass Profile (natural energy profiling tool): Connector
- Ideal Company (culture and values): Secure and stable company with strong leadership that embraces innovative ideas for improving performance.
- Skill area of competence: Strategic Procurement, Procurement Data Analysis (spend analysis), Total Cost of Ownership Models, Strategic Sourcing, Negotiation, Contracts Management, Service Level Agreements, Savings Targets Setting and Measurement, Change Management, Process Development Design and Implementation, Project Management, Supplier Relationship Management, Tenders.
- Career summary: 7 years Automotive, 10 years Local Government, 2 years Construction, 4 years Manufacturing, 2 years Higher Education.
- Years of experience range: 20 years plus
- Nationality: South African
- Discipline: Logistics
- Qualifications/Affiliations/ Prof Registrations: MCIPS / Fast Track Leadership Development (MDP) – NQF Level 7 / National Diploma in Logistics (NDLOG) – NQF Level 6 / Specialist Procurement Development Programme / Expert Procurement Development Programme / Diploma in Purchasing Management / Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Management.
- Software Skills: MS Office, SAP, JDE, Oracle, MS PowerPoint, MS Visio
- Annual package range Total Fixed Cost of Employment (TFCE): ZAR 651 000 – 750 000, per annum.
- Location Preference: Open to positions both nationally (South Africa) and internationally.
Candidate location: South Africa
Home & other languages: English, Afrikaans
Designation: Procurement Manager
University: University of South Africa
Company size: ‘1001 – 5000
Division: Procurement / Planning / Supply Chain Management / Logistics (in/outbound) / Warehouse / Transportation
Seniority level: Regional / Country / Area / General / Project Manager / Department Head
Nationality: South African
Highest Formal Qualification: National Diploma: Logistics
Current / most recent job title? Operations Manager: Procurement
Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
To provide operational support and ensure governance in terms of procurement activities and policies and procedures across the university. Revise the current procurement process and develop, design and implement new procurement process in line with industry procurement best practice. Data Analysis used to identify procurement savings opportunities by implementing contracts or tenders. Run projects to improve procurement efficiency across the university.
Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
Accurate data and data analysis in order to make good decisions. Effective change management to implement projects and process changes. Develop good reporting to ensure progress is monitored and tracked. Project management. Advanced MS Excel, MS Projects, MS Visio, MS Presentations. Strong leadership ability. Financial understanding. Business acumen.
Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
Procurement professional with diverse industry experience and proven ability to consistently achieve procurement savings targets. A logical and analytical thinker who likes to get things done in a systematic, timely and efficient manner. An innovative leader who is always looking to implement innovative ways to improve the procurement effectiveness.
Ideal business title:
Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position
Strategic procurement. Strategic sourcing. Procurement Data analysis. Setting up procurement measures (savings, supplier performance etc.). Tenders and contract management. Supplier negotiation.
Skill area of competence:
Strategic Procurement, Procurement Data Analysis (spend analysis), Total Cost of Ownership Models, Strategic Sourcing, Negotiation, Contracts Management, Service Level Agreements, Savings Targets Setting and Measurement, Change Management, Process development design and implementation, Project Management, Supplier Relationship Management, Tenders. Advanced MSExcel, MS Word, MS Projects
7 years Automotive: Stock Controller – 5 years, Sales – 2 years. 4 years FMCG: 2 years Duty Free, 2 years Retail (Wholesaler). 10 Years Local Government: 10 Years local government procurement. 2 years Construction: 2 years construction procurement. 4 years Manufacturing: 2 years Mining equipment manufacturing procurement, 2 years arms(missiles) manufacturing. 2 years Higher Education: 2 years higher education procurement.
What do you absolutely love doing?
Data analysis. Problem solving. Motivating people. Negotiation. Process improvement. Change management. Project management.
Ideal company (culture and values):
Secure and stable company that has a strong leadership that embraces innovative ideas for improving performance. A culture for embracing change and improvement in an exciting environment with customer focused, ethical and caring values.
Motivation to move : New opportunities
Location Preference: I am open to positions both nationally and internationally.
To be notified of talent in your industry get in touch via this link, or email us on email@example.com, or call us on this number: Cell: 0763367205 or Head Office – Gauteng, SA. + 27 11 083 9301, we’d love to help you. To register as a candidate with us click here.
You may be interested in viewing our latest Engineering and Technical searchable spreadsheet Enshrine Candidate Portfolio of Excellence across multiple industries, including Mining, Chemicals (including Petrochemicals and Pharmaceuticals), Energy (Power Generation and Renewables) and many more which can be downloaded here. Our Enshrine Candidate Portfolio of Excellence provides an easy-to-search platform, allowing you to easily identify candidates based on the search criteria such as Country, Designation, Qualification level and Discipline, Years of Experience and Demographics.
In addition, it provides valuable word-of-mouth information for your retention strategies, industry benchmarking, future cross-border placements, performance measurements and salary reviews even if you are not currently recruiting.
Enshrine Placements your Technical and Engineering Recruitment Partner in Africa.
Partner of Global Executive Search Organisation ENEX Worldwide Reach, Local Expertise, True Engagement www.enex-search-hr.com