Ref: 1175670Nationality: South African
Highest Formal Qualification: B. Sc. Engineering (Chemical)
Professional Registration: ECSA - Professional Engineer (Pr Eng)
Annual Package Range: South African Rand - ZAR 1.85 mil - 2.0 mil, per annum
Total years experience: 20-30 Years
Current / most recent job title?
Lead/ Principal Process Engineer
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
- Lead a process engineering team to produce design deliverables to support project execution of petrochemical and refinery related projects.
- Produce design deliverables for these projects.
- Support management in the proposal and bidding for new work.
- Train and develop junior engineers.
- Technical alignment with internal and external stakeholders and clients.
- Deliver project deliverables and perform process activities within a given man-hour estimate and schedule.
- Align Scope of Work requirements.
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
Interdisciplinary interface and communication between the project team.
Availability of project information and resources where required.
Access to sites when required
Effective change management processes in place to control scope changes.
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
I find project execution exciting and enjoy the challenges of aligning on scope and expectations as well as actually producing the deliverables for a project. I enjoy the technical aspects of process design and engineering. I have excellent organisational skills and thrive in a process lead role and/or management role.
I am good at what I do because I enjoy what I do.
4. Ideal business title:
Lead Process engineer
Principal Process Engineer
Process Engineering Manager
Project Engineering Manager in an EPC environment
5. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position and skill area of competence:
- Manage resources to deliver technically sound and safe designs within an established man-hour budget and schedule.
- Stakeholders management – Ensure scope alignment and solutions to technical challenges.
- Work scope development – estimate labour/ expenses & develop control level schedules.
- Career development coaching and training of junior engineers.
- Full range of project design process activities and deliverables – conceptual design, basic engineering, detailed engineering, construction support, commissioning support.
- Design Reviews, Hazops and SIL Reviews.
- Technical Checking.
- Ensure that proper techniques are employed on projects.
- Proposal support and evaluation – business and project risk and opportunity identification.
6. Career summary:
20+ years of Petrochemical working experience, mostly in engineering design (all phases i.e. from conceptual to execution and construction and commissioning).
HP Steam Header Replacement
Provided a staged construction approach design for replacement of steam header which mitigated a unit shutdown.
Provided detailed commission and operating guidelines to facilitate staged construction philosophy.
Fast track project execution
Skilled at managing resources for on-time delivery of project, with change management control.
Apt at rescuing “in trouble” projects.
Local Office Relief Valve Representative
Function as the local office representative for relief valves and overpressure design.
TNPE Plant completed in 2005
Lead Process Engineer for first-time technology process from basic to commissioning. Lump-Sum Execution Project.
9. What do you absolutely love doing?
Process Design Engineering – I enjoy the technical aspects of finding solutions to problems. It is a great feeling to see the finished product of the plant (or part of a plant) that I helped design and build.
Managing a group of people to achieve common goals of execution and delivering a project.
10. Ideal company (culture and values):
You are a person, not a number
Deliver what we promise, when we promise, with excellence
A market leader.
We blaze a trail forward, not wait to follow on the path of others.
We see opportunities where others see obstacles.
Excellent skills and experience as Lead Engineer, Proposal Manager and Engineering Manager, with a passion for process design engineering and development of junior engineers. In the course of executing projects, her client relationships are built on loyalty and delivering on budget and to schedule. “I am good at what I do, because I enjoy what I do”.
If you are looking for a Principal Process Engineer or Process Engineering Manager with extensive knowledge leading process design on small to large scale multi-disciplinary projects, which stretches across the range of process activities and deliverables from heat and material balances, PFD and P&ID development, detailed operating guidelines, leading design and HAZOP reviews with clients to construction and commissioning support, then do get in touch. Click to email our Agent or call us: Head Office – Gauteng, SA. + 27 10 597 0862.
Searchable spreadsheet of candidates: #engineering_candidates http://bit.ly/CarynVPs
All available positions #job_search http://bit.ly/CarynJA
Register as a #technical_candidate http://bit.ly/CarynInc
Enshrine Placements your Technical and Engineering Recruitment Partner in Africa.