Ref: 63711Nationality: South African
Highest Formal Qualification: B. Eng Mechanical (Cum Laude), MBL, ECSA - Professional Engineer (Pr Eng)
Annual Package Range: ZAR 2.1 mil - 2.5 mil, per annum
Total years experience: 30 Years
Current / most recent job title?
I was approached to start a new business from scratch. The company needed to differentiate its services and wanted to enter a specific market segment. I built a new business for the group, industrialized it, and took it to market. Started with nothing and went to market with a fully industrialsed business.
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
To establish a platform business from scratch that would link key service providers in the fleet industry to fleet owners providing easy access to services and products at significantly reduced costs. In turn, by default, providing a captive market for the service providers, effectively marketing their services and thereby growing their business.
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
Establish and develop the correct technology, with a desire for ease of use.
Create the business infrastructure and the necesary business vehicles.
Go to market in a way that provides rapid traction – getting the virtuous cycle activated.
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
I prefer, but not exclusively, leading or consulting businesses with challenging problems. I thrive in complex and demanding business performance situations. Reengineering, restructuring, eliminating business constraints, repositioning, revamping businesses and/or business processes, excites me.
I am comfortable with making hard decisions and holding unpopular positions when necessary. I enjoy engaging with customers and have the ability to accurately ascertain their needs. I enjoy leading and have a passion for people and their development. Sharing my experience and mentoring people, brings me great satisfaction. I easily take on responsibility and accountability.
4. Ideal business title:
Leading or consulting businesses with challenging problems.
5. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position:
Anything that maximises my core competancies noted earlier on in this document.
6. Skill area of competence:
Coaching and mentoring
Risk reward projects
7. Career summary:
6 years hazardous and general waste management,
5 years waste beneficiation (5 companies in the division involving – mineral beneficiation, re-use of plastic, recycling, waste material conversion to house building products, waste to electricity/energy, tyre recycling),
3 years design and engineering,
3 years manufacturing,
1 year teaching operations at UNISA business school,
7 years operations FMCG (Food and Furniture),
6 years manufacturing – water meters,
2 years consulting (Waste, IT, Sugar),
6 months consulting (Waste, ICT (parking)),
5 years platform business
- Built a new business from scratch. The company needed to differentiate its services and wanted to enter a specific market segment – Started with nothing and went to market with a fully indutrialsed business.
- Led a waste management company group strategy to diversity into waste beneficiation – Completely re-engineered the division, within three years, to have a clear core focus and ability to deliver turnkey technology solutions through specific business vehicles. At the start the division was a conglomeration of unfocused, recently acquired, intertwined divergent operations.
- Transformed a small family business to a professional, healthy business and positioning it for selling – within one year the business was fully sold with a healthy capital Gain
- A risk reward deal between Waste Management company ( employer) and a large industrial client that ensured efective rework of waste material in a win win scenario. Revenue was split. However, the split ratio was low for employer at the start, indicationg that we were perpared to take the bulk of the risk at the start and reward the client for the commitment. Once consitsent benefit was achieved we took a far greater split ratio. For the client not to have to pay hazerdous rates for the disposal of the SPL and on top of that earn revenue was a massive benefit.
- Request his CV for more achievements – email firstname.lastname@example.org
9. What do you absolutely love doing?
Cracking serious strategic/management/ busines problems, leading others, sharing knowlegde with others, building people. I love people.
10. Ideal company (culture and values):
High integrity company
Valueing all personell
I do not want verbally filthy companies, racist companies or companies that treat staff despicably
If you are looking for an Interim MD to help leading or consult in challenging problems within your businesses, then do get in touch.
Click to email our Agent or call us: Head Office – Gauteng, SA. + 27 10 597 0862.
Searchable spreadsheet of candidates: (#engineering_candidates) http://bit.ly/CarynVPs
All available positions (#job_search) http://bit.ly/CarynJA
Register as a (#technical_candidate) http://bit.ly/CarynInc
Enshrine Placements your Technical and Engineering Recruitment Partner in Africa.