Ref: 1154629Nationality: South African and Australian dual citizenship
Highest Formal Qualification: B.Eng (Hons) of Chemical Engineering, Monash University (Melbourne, Australia)
Annual Package Range: Australian dollar - AUD 0.00 - 150 000, per annum
Total years experience: 6-10 Years
Current / most recent job title?
Innovation and Development Manager
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
To develop and execute the Innovation Strategy for the Group to ultimately stay ahead of our competition and grow the business.
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
The New Product Development system needed to be relevant and user friendly.
Effective communication at management meetings with the rest of the Executive Management Team was critical.
Research and implementation of sustainable and viable packaging projects needed to be promptly completed.
Constant communication (and appreciation/praise where needed) with the R&D team to ensure the motivation was never a problem.
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
I am a social person who enjoys spending time with family and friends. I am invariably calm under pressure, addressing conflict with a well measured approach. I am confident, particularly when I’m well prepared for a task which is a position I always try to put myself in in any department in life.
4. Ideal business title:
New Product Development Manager
Innovation and Development Manager
5. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position:
Manage a well-functioning team.
Develop a strategy to develop new business and grow existing business.
Offer technical support to the production team and also customers.
Manage conflicts between my company and customers.
Train and develop the technical knowledge within the company.
6. Skill area of competence:
Packaging Innovation Strategy
Sustainable Packaging Expertise
New Product Development Management
Packaging Equipment Troubleshooting
Key Account Management
Material Sourcing and Supplier Management
Packaging Material Training
Packaging Machinery Audit Expertise
Costing Evaluation and Tender Negotiation
Flexible Packaging Sourcing
7. Career summary:
8 years Flexible Packaging, Quality Control – 3 years, Technical – 5 years
Some New Product Development achievements are listed below. Other achievements have been achieved through Value Engineering of which there are multiple examples where gains are generally shared between the customer and company.
1) Developed a reclose mechanism for the small goods sector which opened up a new revenue stream. Also eliminated the need for de-canting ham and bacon reduced the plastic use
2) Developed a 100% Bio-based sealable coated paper product which replaced a plastic alternative. This was able to be sold at higher margins increasing the revenue by over 60%
3) An in-line step was introduced cutting out a major extra step in a yoghurt lidding application which reduced the overall cost of the product by 10%, and also opened up capacity to produce more material.
9. What do you absolutely love doing?
Being active and finding solutions to challenging problems give me a sense of achievement. I enjoy helping other people, not for anything in return it just gives me satisfaction.
10. Ideal company (culture and values):
I would like to work for an innovative and inclusive company that values their employees. One where all employees are motivated and striving to reach a common goal. Honest, ethical and competitive, values I subscribe to myself.
Alternatively click to email our Agent or call us: Head Office – Gauteng, SA. + 27 10 597 0862.
Enshrine Placements your Technical and Engineering Recruitment Partner in Africa.
Partner of Global Executive Search Organisation ENEX Worldwide Reach, Local Expertise, True Engagement www.enex-search-hr.com