Ref: 1202260Nationality: South African
Highest Formal Qualification: BSc (Hons) Chem Eng
Annual Package Range: South African Rand - ZAR 951 000 - 1.1 mil, per annum
Total years experience: 3-5 Years
Current / most recent job title?
Head of Optimisation
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
As Head of Optimisation: Leveraging data and process knowledge; involved in setting optimisation strategy across the entire business; assistance in all efficiency initiatives for operational excellence; driving process improvement initiatives to optimise speed and quality.
As Production Manager:Steer the array of functions encompassing development, performance and maintenance for casting and solids divisions. Consistently developing & implementing plans to ensure timely accomplishment of production targets; implementing measures to achieve reduction in cost and energy. Oversee preventive maintenance of mechanical equipment & utilities and conduct de-bottlenecking activities for plant capacity enhancement.
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
* Increase output for same/reduced input
* Strategize company direction to steer company growth
* Utilize best employees in best positions for maximum value add
* Identify critical areas and implement improvement program
* Create value to add to bottom line in all projects completed
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
Chemical engineer specialising in optimisation, continuous improvement and change management. I am a natural challenger of conventional wisdom, am driven by change, and get great satisfaction through implementing a solve to a very difficult challenge.
4. Ideal business title:
Consultant (associate) or sustainability manager
5. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position:
Analysis and advisory
6. Skill area of competence:
Drive all operations and management strategy change and continuous improvement projects. Skilled at change management, process optimisation and strategy development.
7. Career summary:
4 years copper product manufacturing
* Project manager for an equipment upgrade resulting in increase in output tonnage by 33%
* Cumulatively formulated & rolled out process quality program which increased plant yield by about 8%
* Proposed investigations for solar energy installation project covering 1.6 MW of electricity usage (about 35% of total). Successfully handed installation and commissioning over to electrical department
* Implemented turnaround strategy in casting department resulting in increase in daily production by 20% (no overhead increase), 40% increase in section skills and ZAR 2.5 mil annual saving in overtime costs
* Turnaround of a loss-making department into a profitable one through increasing production and decreasing overheads
9. What do you absolutely love doing?
Solving problems, presenting ideas, change management
10. Ideal company (culture and values):
A high performance company that works at a fast pace with high expectations of its employees. A culture of sustainable development, honesty, authenticity and integrity.
If you are looking for a strong, dynamic leader that has a proven track record in delivering value and that can challenge the CEO to meet the shareholders’ expectations then do get in touch. Click to email our Agent or call us: Head Office – Gauteng, SA. + 27 10 597 0862.
Searchable spreadsheet of candidates: (#engineering_candidates) http://bit.ly/CarynVPs
All available positions (#job_search) http://bit.ly/CarynJA
Register as a (#technical_candidate) http://bit.ly/CarynInc
Enshrine Placements your Technical and Engineering Recruitment Partner in Africa.