Ref: 1058583Nationality: South African
Highest Formal Qualification: B.Eng. Mechanical, ECSA Pr. Eng.
Annual Package Range: USD 0.00 - 150 000, per annum
Total years experience: 6-10 Years
Current / most recent job title?
Group Mechanical Engineer
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
- Research, specify and supervise the procurement, installation and commissioning of the mechanical equipment and systems for the process plant
- Responsible for optimising maintenance and increasing runtime across the group of mines, predominantly focusing on the processing plants but also including underground operations.
- Play a leading role in ensuring safety, improving operational and energy efficiency resulting in lower costs and improved uptime. Controlling production costs and protection of the environment.
- Compare tendering competitors, evaluate technical aspects of proposals, supervise contractors and negotiate scope variations.
- Assure quality control, measure progress, cost estimates and sign off on work completed by contractors.
- Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
- Generate technical drawings, manuals, calculations, weekly and monthly reports for the group managers and mine executives.
- Compile capital reports and attend weekly meetings with ExCo, share important information with other professionals across the group and other mines.
- Attend technical meetings with suppliers and project manager for several capital projects in the plant.
- Delegated work to junior engineers and approve all engineering work.
- Play a leading role in ensuring safety, improving operational and energy efficiency and quality, controlling production costs and protection of the environment
- My area of focus currently in the plant is in recovery, mainly milling, gold leaching, CIL and elution.
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
I am able to offer any company great enthusiasm, leadership and strong analytical skills for advancement in the engineering industry. This combined with my professionalism, a continued disposition to learn and an inherent sense of responsibility. As a highly motivated person, I view each customer as a potential sale and business opportunity waiting to be discovered.
4. Ideal business title:
Project Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, Engineering Consultant, Process Engineer, Maintenance Engineer, Quality Engineer, Reliability Engineer
5. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position:
I love analysing processes and equipment and figuring out how they work and devising ways of improving them. I would like to assists businesses to get the best possible value and performance from their product or service.
6. Skill area of competence:
I am dedicated to providing the highest quality of service at all times, I am always intimately involved in everything that happens in my department and am only truly happy when a client/colleague are completely satisfied with my service. In every company I work for, I not only bring new energy, fresh ideas and a different way of thinking but also help fellow work colleagues to achieve their full potential.
7. Career summary:
2 years mining: gold – 2 years
4 years heavy lifting: cranes – 4 years, lifting equipment design – 4 years, project engineer – 3 years
- Obtained a full scholarship with SEIFSA to complete my Mechanical Engineering degree
- Project managed and involved in several projects on site including; installation of a new HPGR, mill control system using vibration sensors, CIL optimisation and Mill 2 girth gear repair
- The only South African to be chosen to attend Mammoet’s Rotation Program held in the Netherlands. Gained valuable experience and exposure to different engineering techniques and technical projects in Europe.
- At Mammoet, I was appointed as the Senior Project Engineer where I was in charge of several projects ranging from R15 million to R36 million. All projects were completed on time and within budget.
9. What do you absolutely love doing?
I have a strong engineering and financial background and would like to use both sets of skills on a daily basis. I enjoy solving complex problems, working with numbers, writing reports, determining innovative solutions and working within a team. I love working with numbers, statistics and have a passion for engineering. I am technically minded and will offer the company a new angle to problems. I take great pride in my work.
10. Ideal company (culture and values):
I would like to work for a company that has a good culture with its employees. I want to work with people who share a deep commitment to the work they do and a desire to excel by building craftsmanship and dedicating their talents. I love the challenges of the industry and the equipment that comes with it.
Searchable spreadsheet of candidates: #engineering_candidates http://bit.ly/DeedreVPs
All available positions #job_search http://bit.ly/DeedreJA
Register as a #technical_candidate http://bit.ly/DeedreInc
Alternatively click to email our Agent or call us: Head Office – Gauteng, SA. + 27 10 597 0862.
Enshrine Placements your Technical and Engineering Recruitment Partner in Africa.
Partner of Global Executive Search Organisation ENEX Worldwide Reach, Local Expertise, True Engagement www.enex-search-hr.com