Ref: 718711Nationality: Indian with South African Permanent Residenc
Highest Formal Qualification: Pr. Eng - Professional Engineer (ECSA), PMP - Project Management Professional Certification
Total years experience: 16-20 Years
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
- Formulation and implementation of business strategies for sustainability and growth of the company
- Identifying new business opportunities, performing due diligence, obtaining approval, establishing partnerships.
- Exploring new technologies, co-ordination of laboratory test work and evaluation through pilot plants
- Performing market studies and analysing market conditions
- Scrutinising new projects, completing pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, developing business cases, obtaining approvals, arranging funding, identifying suitable partners and hand over projects for implementation
- Monitoring project implementation and ensuring achievement of specified objectives.
- Working as Steering Committee member for asset replacement program with a budget of R4 Billion
- Mentoring, guiding and facilitating operation & project teams.
- Establishing systems and processes for capital project implementation.
- Co-ordinating operation optimization, enhancing performance management and continuous improvement
- Monitoring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the business, recommending action plans to improve financial performance & overseeing implementation, regular reporting to Executive Team and Board.
- Liaising with various stakeholders (including shareholders, Board, EXCO & labour unions) to inform them business status, management action plans & implementation progress and facilitating key decision-making process
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
Business strategy, Feasibility study, Project Management, Design and Engineering Management, Procurement and Contract Management, Risk Management, Cost Control, Project Planning, Scheduling, Monitoring and Reporting, Construction Support, Managing Team, Quality Mangaement
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
I am objective oriented and ambitious professional who loves challenges. I am very systematic in my work. I love analysis and problem solving. I believe in timely decision making. I honor timelines and commitments. I enjoy leaning new things like management techniques & style and processes new business areas.
I enjoy working with a team which include people from different backgrounds and experiences. I always learn new useful things from people with whom I work which enriches me. I am generally assertive at work but same time give adequate attention to sensitivities while dealing with conflicts.
I am confident that with my experience, knowledge, willingness, hard work and commitment, I am ready to take new challenges and explore new horizons.
4. Ideal business title:
Project Head, General Manager / Director : Projects, Head of Strategy, Executive Level Business Management Position
5. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position:
- Lead and manage multi-disciplinary, complex, strategic, high value projects in reputed company to achieve strategic goals of company.
- Lead strategy, planning and growth function in a reputed company
- Work as a Business Unit Head at Executive Position
6. Skill area of competence:
Business strategy, Feasibility Studies, Project Management, Project Planning and Scheduling, Budgeting & Cost Control, Project Monitoring and Control, Project Engineering Management, Contract & Procurement Management, Techno-commercial Operations, Construction Management, Quality Management, Risk Management, Safety Management, Commissioning Management, Communication Management, MIS Reporting, Team Management, Co-ordination & Interface Management, Stakeholders Management
7. Career summary:
Platinum – 2 years, Phosphate – 8 years, Fertilizers & Chemicals – 3 years, Gas – 2 years, Engineering – 2 years, Oil Refinery – 2 years
- Completed project development phase for a diversification project through partnership by establishing a new SPV to enhance company’s overall performance. Project implementation is in progress.
- Successfully developed and implemented operational optimization & growth strategies
- Successfully completed R550 Million Flotation Plant Project within budget and time while outperforming normal safety and performance criteria.
9. What do you absolutely love doing?
Project Development, Project Management, Business Strategy
10. Ideal company (culture and values):
Sector : Mining, Chemical, Oil & Gas, Energy, Engineering & Consultancy
Alternatively click to email our Agent or call us: Head Office – Gauteng, SA. + 27 11 083 9301.
Enshrine Placements your Technical and Engineering Recruitment Partner in Africa.
Partner of Global Executive Search Organisation ENEX Worldwide Reach, Local Expertise, True Engagement www.enex-search-hr.com