Ref: 540053Nationality: South African
Total years experience: 11-15 Years
Discipline: Mining ( NHD Metalliferous Mining, Mine Manager’s Certificate/Engineering Registration Board of Zambia; Engineering Institute of Zambia; Mine Captains Certificate (South Africa)/SAIMM). Industry in: Mining and Metals, years of experience range: 11 to 15 years, annual package range: Over and above R2.5 mil. Gender: Male. Ethnicity: Caucasian/White. Nationality: South African.
33 Years Mining Operations and Management of various commodities and related disciplines without a fatal accident; Establishment of successful multicultural and multi-national crews in South Africa and Zambia during entire career; Mentoring 5 subordinates to achieve management qualifications and positions in their respective organisations; 8 years mining contracting experience with positive growth and improved safety results in all the Companies; Successful completion of two Greenfields mining projects in Zambia between 2005 and 2013 *US$125M between 2005 and 2008 on budget *US$580M between 2011 and 2013 on budget; Consistently improving production performances whilst reducing operating expenditures at all Companies employed.
Candidate location: South Africa
Home & other languages: English, Afrikaans,
Designation: General Manager
Highest qualification type: Higher National Diploma
University: University of Johannesburg
Company size: ’51 – 200
Division: General and Operations Management
Seniority level: Regional / Country / Area / General / Project Manager / Department Head
Nationality: South African
Highest Formal Qualification: NHD Metalliferous Mining
Current / most recent job title? General Manager
Primary purpose of current/most recent position:
Management and control of all disciplines in the organisation
Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose:
– Interdepartmental understanding, interaction and synergy – Standard Operating Practice adherence – Legal compliance – Benchmarking and establishment of KP Areas and Indicators – Training, Coaching and Reviews – Knowledge and understanding of relevant markets
Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions:
Impatient to achieve success
Ideal business title:
Operations Manager or Country/General Manager
Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position:
Responsible for the direction of the Company and employees
Key Inputs in Policy and Performance Indicators
Optimisation of investments and growth opportunities
Skills transfer and employee growth
Skill area of competence:
Associated competences to complete mining and processing operations by means of experience: – Health, Safety and Environmental compliance – Project Management – Contracts Management – Human Resources applications: * Operational requirements * Union and Association negotiations * Multi-national working team management * Training and coaching – Financial management – Prospect and exploration drilling – Logistics: in-house as well as in terms of long distance hauling – Procurement
Mining Operations and Management of various commodities and related disciplines for 33 years
– 33 Years mining and management without a fatal accident – Establishment of successful multicultural and multi-national crews in South Africa and Zambia during entire career – Mentoring 5 subordinates to achieve management qualifications and positions in their respective organisations – 8 years mining contracting experience with positive growth and improved safety results in all the Companies – Successful completion of two Greenfields mining projects in Zambia between 2005 and 2013 *US$125M between 2005 and 2008 on budget *US$580M between 2011 and 2013 on budget – Consistently improving production performances whilst reducing operating expenditures at all Companies employed – Provincial colours in swimming (’74 – ’78) and hockey (’90 – ’95)
– Achievement and success driven
– Process and Projects optimisation goals
– Overall delegation
– Task Master
What do you absolutely love doing?
Grow and develop new business venture(s)
Investigate business opportunities and develop strategies
Ideal company (culture and values):
– No red tape
– Realising and growing potential in employees
– Acknowledgement of achievement
– Strict on non-performance
Where would you like to be in the next 5 to 10 years:
– Transfer of skills acquired during my career
– Fulfillment of the growth process
Motivation to move (please select): New opportunities
Location Preference: I am open to positions both nationally and internationally.
Or download our full Enshrine Candidate Portfolio of Excellence containing over 5000 Engineering and Technical candidates across multiple industries, including Mining, Chemicals (including Petrochemicals and Pharmaceuticals), Energy (Power Generation and Renewables) and many more.
Our Enshrine Candidate Portfolio of Excellence provides an easy-to-search platform, allowing you to easily identify candidates based on the search criteria such as Country, Designation, Qualification level and Discipline, Years of experience and Demographics.
In addition, it provides valuable word-of-mouth information for your retention strategies, industry benchmarking, future cross-border placements, performance measurements and salary reviews even if you are not currently recruiting.