Ref: 1090122Nationality: South African - dual citizenship (UK)
Highest Formal Qualification: Agricultural Science, IMM marketing / sales
Annual Package Range: South African rand - ZAR 1.85 mil - 2.0 mil, per annum
Total years experience: 20--30 Years
Current/recent job title: General Manager
General Manager (Chemicals, Plastics, Packaging & Containers) Ref: 1090122
Current / most recent job title? General Manager
1. Primary purpose of current/most recent position: General management across multiple functions. Full ownership of the market. (P&L responsibility)
2. Core elements or functions that must operate effectively in order to achieve primary purpose: Planning is key to business success – visibility across all function with all personal objectives aligned into the company vision. Strong visible management with clear responsibility given to staff to drive the success. – Planning – Visability – Team accountability / responcibility – Drive common strategy to achieve group goals.
3. Description of self, along with greater purpose and passions: Highly experienced GM who has lead profitable multinational, international, manufacturing business in SSA. Core strengths in NBD, Innovation and people management. Passionate about adding value and developing people to their full potential. High level of values and ethics driving the “right way” to do things. Personal ambitions around sustainability and looking after the planet. I am a genuine allrounder that has the big picture and the ability to drive into the detail – hands on leadership style.
4. Ideal business title: Managing Director, General Manager, COO, Countries Manager
5. Key responsibilities and accountabilities of ideal position: Full responsibility and accountability and P&L responsibility.
6. Skill area of competence: Experienced GM and genuine all rounder with 20+ years leading international, multinational manufacturing business in SSA. Clear understanding of translating international strategies locally. Fully supportive of matrix management and ability to communicate across geographies, cultures and at all levels. Comfortable in both big teams and smaller project groups – pull it all together quickly, big picture with ability to dive into detail when needed. Passion for innovation, NBD and customer excellence. Business astute with a high level of engineering / technical ability. Good understanding of Africa and communicating needs internationally.
7. Career summary: 4 years chemicals, 14 years packaging + containers, 2 years heavy engineering, 7 years synthetic textiles
8. Achievements: Built the specialty business. Started the innovation drive / platforms many first to market technologies implemented.
Re-engineered the local business / restructured and returned to profit within first year (>50M USD + 220 people)
Built a business inclusive of design lab and manufacturing plant – 3MM US growing at 20% per year.
9. What do you absolutely love doing? Managing success!!! Problem solving and customer satisfaction. Innovating for the futcher. Teaming and watching people / team exceed their expectations.
10. Ideal company (culture and values): International Manufacturing company with a high level of matrix management – autonomy is also important. I want to be in a company that sees the value that Africa can bring and will take the growth seriously.
Searchable spreadsheet of candidates: #engineering_candidates http://bit.ly/2QseLdC
All available positions #job_search http://bit.ly/EnshrineJobs
Register as a #technical_candidate http://bit.ly/2PafiRg
Alternatively click to email our Agent or call us: Head Office – Gauteng, SA. + 27 11 083 9301.
Enshrine Placements your Technical and Engineering Recruitment Partner in Africa.
Partner of Global Executive Search Organisation ENEX Worldwide Reach, Local Expertise, True Engagement www.enex-search-hr.com